Altcoins

Infos, Mining, Trading
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Altcoins

Post by Stavros »

Anyone mining altcoins? Right now I'm mining Dogecoins and I've made a couple bucks worth on mining. I'm not sure how committed I am although I'd like to make a dedicated mining rig I just don't have the money and don't really want to jack up the electric bill. Also think this forum should be retitled Cryptocurrencies.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Altcoins

Post by ayu »

Yeah I agree on the new title.
Currently I'm staying with XBT (BTC) and LTC
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Normally I'd agree with you if you've got the money but for those on the cheap I'd watch multipool.us and take a look at the most profitable alt coin and then trade up. I still don't entirely understand pools and have thought about setting up my own pool. There's a project I'm working on a guy with and we were thinking about ways to fund it and I floated the idea of funding through cryptocurrencies, so there's an idea to write a trading bot (which isn't top priority) and I've been toying with the idea of setting up a pool. So my question to b_b is could I convert my webpage to a pool server? And if I can't do that how much would it cost to upgrade to a server that can run a pool (and maybe a game server).

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Stavros wrote:Also think this forum should be retitled Cryptocurrencies.
good idea, and done! *thumb*

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Stavros wrote:So my question to b_b is could I convert my webpage to a pool server? And if I can't do that how much would it cost to upgrade to a server that can run a pool (and maybe a game server).
hm, the problem is that it's shared hosting, a whole bunch of important and high profile customers have their sites on my servers, so I avoid to run any additional services which have no benefits to all (or at least many) users for the sake of security (the fewer services the fewer potential vulnerabilities).
I can get you a decent dedicated server for about 50 € / month with a contract runtime of 1 month....but you could also hook up with Circuit and see if he would share his dedicated with you, he runs gaming services on there anyway and has enough free capacities...and you would both end up with just half the fee...let me know in case you want me to make the contact between you (in case you aren't connected on FB already or something). ;)

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Anyone mining Coinye coins? :D