Exploding Miners!

Infos, Mining, Trading
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Exploding Miners!

Post by maboroshi »

I just had my miners explode on me.. Sounded like a cherry bomb went off in my apartment LOL. Actually more like a hammered down screecher.

Anyway that's the end of my mining career :-P

reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Exploding Miners!

Post by reparto »

is this the BFL single? They have an unreasonably high failure rate because of the OCing
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wow...wtf.... 8O

be glad you were not sitting right next to them man...and post a pic, you know we love pics of burned/exploded hardware like the ones where my wires busted into flames... :lol:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

@reparto

These are the BlueFury USB Miners which exploded. (Possibly only one, but don't think I want to risk burning down my apartment)

@bad_brain

Now that I am looking at the devices actually not much to show .. No real visible damage from what I can see.

What had happened .. I had them all plugged in, and was installing the device driver for them. I was at the third one and the units all disappeared, so I figured ok maybe I just need to reboot. As I was rebooting I noticed the LEDs on them were all flashing orange, windows booted up and, I assume, as soon as the drivers were loaded the firecracker went off.

Honestly I think running them previously using a pencil mod messed them up the heatsinks are really bad and the devices were faulty to some degree when received.

Anyway all good was interesting :D