my new fatbike...:D

Show off with your scars! ^^
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

my new fatbike...:D

Post by bad_brain »

ok, I don't have it yet, but I reserved it today after a nice test ride....will actually get it in approx. 1 week when I got the funds on my bank account. I actually buy 2 bikes at once, the 2nd one will be a really nice one for my mum: http://www.contoura.de/portfolio/parera-2/#!prettyPhoto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).

may I introduce, my upcoming Salsa Mukluk 2 (2014 model) fatbike:

and here's me petting the fat front tire (petting fat front tires was supposed to bring luck in ancient cultures):

the tires have some nice 3.8 inches width (there are tires up to 4.7 inches). by the look most people surely think such a bike is kinda slow and heavy, but actually it's astonishingly lightweight and really nice to ride....ok, of course it's not made for high speed shredding like my other bike, it's simply a comfy all-terrain travel bike which goes where other bikes already give up because of a lack of traction. I am planning to do some nice long trips with it, and it's perfect for that because the manufacturer offers frame bags especially for that bike and also a rack which is attached to the fork where you can strap sleeping bag and tent on for example.

so yeah, expect some adventurous times from me soon... :D

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: my new fatbike...:D

Post by maboroshi »

That's a whole lot of bike!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

how fat is fat? well...on the right is my mountain bike with already pretty big 2.4 inch tires on massive high flange enduro rims, on the left though: that's fat. :lol:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

It is definitely awesome man!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah man...and it's a hell of fun... :D
looking for a decent sleeping bag and tent already (both can be attached to special carriers available for the fork)...planning to take a week off as soon as the weather is halfway stable and simply hop on the bike looking where it will take me (will of course blog about my indiana jones like adventures here then)... :D

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

That would be great for doing a tour on, i can see you on the missing list for more than a few days in the summer :) Also very good for spending some quality time with your mum, great idea, enjoy the nature xD
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

picked up tent, sleeping bag, and super-lightweight camping stove today...also 2 cages which are attached to the bike's fork (that's where tent and sleeping bag will be attached)...I am really excited already! \:D/