Emergency !!!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Emergency !!!

Post by scatter »

Hey , I hope everyone is fine :).I chose the subject "emergency" just to get as more attention as possible :p ,so don t punch me on the face its a good thing :) . I just had an idea and thought of sharing it and see what everyone thinks about it. Well I was looking at old hacking contests ,games and challenges and thought what if we make it happen again? I think this will make the forum more active and learning by doing is the best way tho. what do u think

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: Emergency !!!

Post by maboroshi »

I don't think the forum is in a bad state. More activity isn't always a good thing. Not to disregard the idea but it looks to be in a bad state cause we have not cleaned up the forums in many years, stickies, announcements etc. We have been around I think almost 10 years now. Not many communities can lay claim to that. Many of us have been here since almost day one.

But bringing back some of the hacking challenges seems like a plausible idea. Let us consider it. BTW how goes the challenge I have set forth? No one has responded with an answer yet ;)

*cheers

Mabo

scatter

Post by scatter »

:-k I don t remember that I said the forum is in a bad starte anywhere so lets not confuse trying to make it more active with this :) . You can notice the difference of activity by looking to how it was before and how it is now , that s what I meant and for your challenge nope I didn t do it because I have a problem of slow internet cnx to download windows iso to run it on VM :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, suck-o is online for almost 10 years already, as mab already said, and many of the core members who had been working on their career or were looking for their purpose in life back in the days are now really busy with business....like me for example, or cats.
others married and have children now, and so on....so people simply can not loiter around on the net like years ago.
another thing is that the core members know each other for so long already, so it's quite natural that we have contact in multiple ways, on the site, via messenger, etc.

and hey, the most active times were also the ones with the most drama, so I really prefer the good ol' lazy suck-o style... :lol:

but well, if you have suggestions for activities, let's hear 'em.... :D

scatter

Post by scatter »

yup fact maybe that's positive and negative thing in same time, I feel kinda lost , am learning alot from checking old posts and am getting all help I need anytime I ask about sthg but I also feel like if everyone else here finished learning and am the only one yet doing so :p well to make it short, I wish I was here when everyone was learning and some action was here (I mean good action not drama) :) I don t know if u see or understand what I mean since its hard to find good places like suck-o and the only other places r dark places

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

scatter wrote:yup fact maybe that's positive and negative thing in same time, I feel kinda lost , am learning alot from checking old posts and am getting all help I need anytime I ask about sthg but I also feel like if everyone else here finished learning and am the only one yet doing so :p well to make it short, I wish I was here when everyone was learning and some action was here (I mean good action not drama) :) I don t know if u see or understand what I mean since its hard to find good places like suck-o and the only other places r dark places
The rest of us are also still learning, and we will never stop :D
I like the idea of activities, I just don't have any time to create any myself.

I do have some stuff we can do though.

This game is rather interesting and useful if you want to learn about XSS :)
How many of you can finish it? ;)

https://xss-game.appspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the best way to learn is to imagine "what would I like to do?", and then start with it...this will open enough questions where everyone here will gladly help you. telling someone what to learn usually doesn't work out because it always only reflects the personal preferences....I would say for example "set up a Debian server!" while the next one will say "learn C++!". you have to find your own field of interest, because only that will keep you happy and curious in the long run...;)

scatter

Post by scatter »

awesome cats thx will do that and post the answers here :)

@b_b then here is what I know and u guys all ur suggestions r welcome, I know the old stupid pascal which is not useful now, PHP, JS, C and doing C network programming , C++ (the basics), also python basics and for linux I use it for more than 2 years directly on my laptop :) so what do u think must be next or must be seen more deeply

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, even if Pascal is not really widely used anymore (was it ever? :lol: ) learning it was definitely not wasted time.....it still was a good training. my first language was: Basic. on a C64 and a Amstrad CPC 464 (turtle graphics, google that! :lol: ).

but ok, I have to admit I am not really a good coder...I can analyze and edit pretty much any code, but writing something from scratch is a pain in the rear for me, I have no time to practice and you forget quicker than you learn... :roll:

but well, PHP, Python, and Linux? that would be a nice opportunity for setting up a web server...maybe with web2py? :-k

scatter

Post by scatter »

never used web2py before but that s sthg that can keep me busy for sometime to learn it :) I will do that and post my work here for critics and see what must be done better :)

reparto

Post by reparto »

I haven't been around for long (around a year) and I had similar concerns when I had first joined, however, I have realised that everyone pretty much does their own thing and will post anything interesting on the forums so others can make use of it in whatever way they want.

Essentially, suck-o is a smaller version of DEFCON, a place for hackers and programmers from around the world to occasionally talk about some interesting stuff they have found out. How active the forums are doesn't really matter as along as there is activity.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services