Help to develop learning programs

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Help to develop learning programs

Post by computathug »

Hello Suckoteers,

I know its a while since i have posted but i will always have a very big place in my heart for Suck-o and when i again have time I will once again become a regular poster but today i am here to ask for your help.

Some of you know that i have devoted my life over the past few years to helping impoverished and orphan children teaching in rural areas, helping set up free education programs and helping to develop communities.

A few of us here at suck-o also run a online business for web development, web hosting, graphic design, IT Security, software development, mobile app development and other areas of IT services. RustyTub will now at the request from Cambodia will present its own education program for IT and will also provide certificates for them who pass the course.

What i need to know is if anyone is wanting to help on these projects by helping provide lesson plans, starting from very simple classes such as setting up an email account, using word, excel and powerpoint, right through to coding and development. We need to start with the basics but within 6 months providing them with the right tools we can have them starting to build websites within a few months depending how old they are and how fast they learn and self development.

I can do this too but I am really busy with things like organising plastic bottle light bulbs for villages with no electric, building a new road to the school and preparing for a library building to be built with plastic bottles rather than bricks therefore helping to teach them about recycling.

If anyone would like to know more please post here and i will make sure that i visit at least once a day as long as i can get an internet connection as often here there is power failures meaning we have no electricity or internet.

Bad_brain, I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to set up a school section on the main boards so that we can save documents and organise things a lot better and also encourage the student more to browse the rest of the site and hopefull help them with self development at a speed they can cope with.

Something for people to think about if they would like to help.

Hope to see some hands go up soon but i do know that most of us here are very busy which is why i am asking if any of the other members here would like to get involved in helping create brighter futures for them less fortunate than ourselves.

C-Thug
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Help to develop learning programs

Post by scatter »

I ll be glad to do such things but just so you know I am not as experienced as the rest here and am maybe the newest member here but I can help with ressources , documents and few things am good at like PHP , MySQL and C programming
Just one little problem is uni will be back soon so I can help only when I have free time :)

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Thanks Scatter, every little bit of help counts and we need to start with the very basics at first and move on gradually so we don't need to rush into any programming just yet. I am also open to other people giving input on how to go about this and discuss about options of not only the implementation but also the way we organise everything so that it is easily accessible for the children and at the same time easy for the other teachers that join the program to be able to comprehend even with very little knowledge.

By having everything in sections means that each class doesn't need to be focussed in one area and means that children can work at their own speed as long as each task is completed. The children are aged between 10 years old and 16 and the way the classes are structured at the moment means that some of them are getting held back and when the class does move forward the younger ones get left behind.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wanted to suggest scatter anyway...he's so keen to do stuff, and it's also a good opportunity for him to learn I guess...:D

I'll set up a sub-forum on the tutorial boards in the next days...if I forget remind me, so much work to do at the moment... :wink:

scatter

Post by scatter »

bad_brain wrote:wanted to suggest scatter anyway...he's so keen to do stuff, and it's also a good opportunity for him to learn I guess...:D

I'll set up a sub-forum on the tutorial boards in the next days...if I forget remind me, so much work to do at the moment... :wink:
thx for what u said b_b ^_^

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I am pretty busy these days finishing my degree, but I'd like to help where I can. Having already finished a network security degree, I can put together a abridged lesson order based on that education if you would like.

Would it be an instructed environment, or a learn on your own; and what level of learning should it be designed for?
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, best check his pics on FB lilrofl....no idea how old these kids are, as non-dad I am very bad in guessing the age of children. :lol:

and also: extra forum on the tutorial boards created now...so feel free to submit directly into it everyone. :wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Seems legit, thanks!
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Thanks B_B.

Lilrofl, Scatter.

These children are all ages, from 3 years old to 18 with the average age of 10 at the place in Cambodia and skills are very basic but wow can these kids learn fast. Should see how fast they have picked up the typing tutor and how many words they are typing. In fact i need to make a video of that.

Sorry i never got back again this week but just been so busy building things for them.

So. Yeah we need to start thinking about covering things on all levels and for all ages.

There is no internet there but i am going to buy a wifi router as soon as i have the funds, the trouble is there is always something to do and time just goes no where, i have been trying to go get a foot massage as my feet are killing me at the moment, $2 for an hour but just cant seem to get there. After teaching and building things i have to then start thinking about lesson plans for all the classes the day after.

Setting up our own school program has always been my intention with a few twists in between.

I am going to a temple now so will explain more when i come back but i am open to all ideas and as much help as i can get. Some days i feel mentally and physically drained but then just seem to get an energy boost from somewhere.

I will be back online later in the afternoon as i am having a day off today... well not really as i will be working online all night >_<

Peace all!!!

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

As usual I'm late for the party, but better late than never.
As some of you know, I'm studying IT but we have LOTS of pedagogical classes as we are trained to be professors. At this moment I'm studying a class which fits perfectly within your needs. Unfortunately I'm neck deep in obligations and can barely do anything other for now, but when I sort my stuff out I'll be glad to help out in creating a curriculum for those kids. *thumb*

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Thanks Ph0, much appreciated *thumb*