VPN not enough

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

VPN not enough

Post by Kirk »

so im wondering what are 5 things everyone would recommend for total anonymity. not while browsing the web. but while your testing your network or your website.

I used a VPN and the group advertised they didnt record server logs..... LOL. well, when the US asked for those logs they sure had them.

i dont plan on doing any of that again, but i am curious what steps i could have taken to better protect myself.

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: VPN not enough

Post by Broken Angel »

:? :? :?

Don't think I will be competly right but then again there has to be some place where you will end up leaving Prints of yours if you are connected to the Internet...

Still though we can look at the following things for being a bit safe

VPN: Dark Comet might help... It sure is better than others I believe...

TOR Bundle This is a great help but then if you are using something else along with the TOR Bundle, (Browser) this might not give you the desired results...

Tunnelling Via VPS Cats said this might help too...

I guess we will be covered if we try all of them together... ooh btw

Static IP doesn't help either... if possible go for a Dynamic IP

Again I might be wrong with many of the things (specially IP part) but then this might help you too... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

P.S. I'm stupid I could have thought of all this myself and applied it on me lol...

EDIT:
You might wanna quit using Apple iPhones or any other Android phones too, use a simple Phone which doesn't have a GPS on it... Doesn't completely solves the issue of getting tracked but then using a Pre-Paid Card along with a Cheap Phone and throwing it away when stuck is total GANGASTA... :mrgreen:

I also hope this is not important to mention in here but then it might other users too...

SSID should be kept hidden incase someone is trying a WarDrive...
MAC restriction also helps in case someone knows your password he/she won't still be able to login as his/her MAC Address will not be allowed permission...

The best part is using a LIVE Distro to surf Internet...
Once you are done with the entire data is erased and BOOM...

Use the same with a VM Ware or a BOX so that the MAC of the machine also is different than your Laptop or the system that you are using... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Pathway for System:

Hidden SSID ---> Mac Restriction ---> VMWare/Virtual Box ---> Live OS ---> Tunnelling through a VPS ---> To a VPN (OMG, this is already too much) ---> TOR Browser

-__-

Pathway for Mobile:

Throw away your iPhone/Android and stop using a Mobile Internet ---> Switch to Pre-Paid cards and a Cheap-Ass Phone ---> Gangasta Style...

If this doesn't work well.... God Help us... lol...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EDIT 2:

This might be a completely waste post... Don't kill me... *thumb* :-# :-# ](*,)
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, when using a VPN reading all the smallprint hidden somewhere on provider's site is a must....I spent days with that before deciding which one seems to be a good choice. you can scratch all the big providers and all the "oh we are so blackhat" ones off the list, the first ones don't give a crap about you as individual anyway and the latter ones just show off.....how "blackhat" you really are is tested once the authorities knock on your door, and that's where 99% of all those "hardcore blackhats" suddenly turn into the little sissies they really are again. :roll:
so the ones to go for are the "run by real freaks" ones, and you can already tell by the jurisdiction if it looks good or not. a company registered or located in/under US jurisdiction for example: hell no. good jurisdictions with privacy friendly laws are Iceland, Sweden, Netherlands (in descending order).
also a must is the option to pay anonymous via Bitcoins.

ok, some people go for VPN chaining or vpn->tor, but imo a decent VPN provider in a privacy friendly jurisdiction is enough. make sure you are in another country though, even if your country is one of those "privacy friendly" ones. why? because then trying to track you via legal system turns into an international enterprise with multiple countries involved.....and even to just initiate such a lawsuit (by getting a subpoena from the jurisdiction where the VPN provider is located) involves fees of the value of a nice new car, without even knowing if there are any chances to win. so 99.9% of the people yelling "I will sue you!!!" will drop out latest then.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Trying here to get this topic alive and running. Please ignore the last post of mine in here. I feel ashamed of it.

Anyways, as B_B was saying the it is a better option to pay for the VPN with Anonymous Bitcoins....

What if someone doesn't have Bitcoins? Also does the VPN save us when we are looking or searching for services in places that we are not supposed to? Like for example while using a tool we are actually not browsing the Internet via TOR but directly connecting to the target. Does a VPN save us from that?

If yes please also kindly state a few names that are worth mentioning.

Also I am running Ubuntu with as many as 4 different OS on the Virtual Machine. And I will be using almost all of them for different purposes (All of course for educational purposes only) will the VPN then work also? Should I use the 'NAT' or 'Bridged' what will make sure that I am connected to a VPN on my host and while running the guest OS I am still able to access the Internet with the said VPN.

-Broken Angel

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

What if we use open Wi-Fi? Or a private Wi-Fi, crack encryption key, get into that network, use fast VPN, (like PureVPN?), use VirtualBox, and then use Tor?
How about this?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

My questions from the last post still remain unanswered but here is what I found out z3r0aCc3Ss.

Tails is an OS that is supposed to be only used in the live mode and it connects to the TOR network automatically and I am typing this post o Tails it self. The most funny and worrying part was that it asked me if I would like to change the appearance of the OS to Windows 8 one so that it can fool others that might be having a look at us.

Though it does not have a automatic VPN support but we can connect to the VPN after the networrk is connected to TOR...

I hope this helps everyone ;)

-Broken Angel