MOD or Not???

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

MOD or Not???

Post by Broken Angel »

I got me an Apple Macbook Pro, and it has an HDD. Its pathetically slow... Slower than a snail... its not a Macintosh but a Lagintosh actually -_-

I was thinking if there is any way I can switch the DVD Drive with a SSD and help the Macbook to perform better??? I read a couple of article for the same but I don't trust them... I want to know if it is possible and what are the suggestions that you guys give me... Also I cannot change the Lappy now so... ](*,)

I thought it would work like a charm man.. but Lagintosh it is...
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

Broken Angel

Re: MOD or Not???

Post by Broken Angel »

Ping... Anyone with any ideas??? Btw it is still slow :/

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, let's wait until maboroshi shows up, he's the only one I know who has/had pretty much all Apple devices...:D

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

I am just excited to be the one who is following on his footsteps then lol...

-Broken Angel

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

An SSD will increase the performance a great amount. The problem you may face is installing the SSD drive. You need special screw drivers to even remove the back paneling. Also it will depend on the model if you are even able to switch out the hard drive (Macbook Pro should be able to). My advice is to do a youtube query on installing an SSD to the specific model you have.

On top of this - I have noticed a specific design pattern to Apple computers. For me loading a piece of software is initially a bit laggy (even with an SSD, and 16 GB of RAM), this seems to be in line with how the OS operates. However if I leave multiple applications open (without closing them CMD - Q), the OS will seemingly perform just as fast as my Windows PC running with one software open (For instance Adobe Photoshop).

When you can - I recommend the upgrade to an SSD (first) and also to the maximum capable ram which is 16 GB on Apple Computers that operate at the user level.

*cheers

Maboroshi

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Yes it is a MacBook Pro and it is an older model... I have seen a few videos and I think I wil need the help of a Hardware Engineer for the ScrewDrviers lol... But I really want to replace my Disk Drive with a SSD one...

Obviously for speed reasons and also because I don't care about the Disk Drive at all and what RAM should I use for my MBP??? I have stock 4 GB RAM running right now and when I try to play with multiple OS at the same time it is such a pain I can't explain.

BTW Fanks for the reply mate.. I was worried lol

-Broken Angel