iPad buying help

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

iPad buying help

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Holla,

I need to buy an iPad. I hate apple products personally (except iPod), but it's for my company use. We are developing an app for iOS.
It's uses will be:
1) App testing
2) Website testing
3) Client meetings

Which iPad will you suggest? I'm confused between iPad mini and iPad Air things.

*Note: Money is not the criteria. We will buy any iPad if it satisfies all the above needs.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: iPad buying help

Post by bad_brain »

hm, wait a few days until maboroshi is back, he's the only one I know who ever had an iPad AND developed on it.... :-k

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

If it is for development work it doesn't really matter, all iOS systems are fundamentally the same. The only difference would be screen resolutions, and for that you would need to design images for the different dimensions or specify a static common dimension to be used across all platforms. The use of images to maximize screen space across varying sizes, isn't something I personally bother with. I use the base resolution and work my design and UI controls in to that.

To even begin testing on a device you will need an iOS developer account. That is before you can even test your product on an actual apple product.

If you are using a cross platform development framework, look in to there documentation as to how that is handled. For example Corona SDK has API specifics that can handle the screen aspect ratios.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have iOS developer account. I even have my team ready for development (UI and functionality). Just need a device now.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP