Corsair H100i colour turning pink

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Corsair H100i colour turning pink

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I have liquid cooling system, Corsair H100i, installed it in March 2015.
The colour on the cooler was white till yesterday, but suddenly just now, I turned on my machine, and it was pink.
I Googled about it and tried to find some solutions, but couldn't get any definitive answer. Some say to install "Corsair Link" software, and from there turn pink colour to white. I tried that way too, but colour didn't turn white.
Also, I observed some abnormal temperature behaviour.
I have Core Temp software installed that monitors CPU temperature. It shows between 9-16 Celsius on power saving mode, and on high performance mode, it is around 35-45 Celsius. But with Corsair Link software, it shows 35-48 Celsius on power saving mode, and on high performance mode, it is around 47-51 Celsius. Which one to be trusted?

Anyway, any idea why did it turn pink?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Corsair H100i colour turning pink

Post by bad_brain »

what turned pink? the cooling liquid? :o

and 9-16 degrees sounds a bit too low, except your room temperature is like in a freezer, so I would rather trust the other temperatures....better believing it's higher than it really is than believing it's lower than it really is. ;)

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Not the liquid, but the colour of the liquid cooling system. There's this black box, on which Corsair is written with their ship symbol. It's colour was white, it got turned into pink.

Update: Now, it's again back to white. Don't know what had happened.
Learning NMAP

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

man, I hope you took some pics, this sounds very weird.... 8O :lol:

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Same but a little different issue is coming up now.
Colour changed to red from pink. But machine is still running without any issues.
On power saving more, temperature is showing 7-13 degree Celsius with 1.4 GHz, and on high performance mode, temperature is between 34-44 degree Celsius with 4.4 GHz. This is the case with CoreTemp

The real problem is, I'm measuring CPU, GPU, North/South Bridge temperatures with 2 different softwares to analyze which one is better or accurate.
One is CoreTemp, and the other is AIDA64. Both give me different results. AIDA64 gives me temperature alert even when the machine is on power saving mode. CoreTemp rarely gives an alert when VM is turned on or high performance demanding game is going on, etc.
I don't know whom to trust.

Can anyone help?
Learning NMAP