Arma 3

About your favorite games!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Arma 3

Post by ayu »

Decided that I want to get into Arma 3 soon and see if it's something for me.
Found a clan that I will be joining during the weekends to do missions.

If anyone wants to join me then ping me and we'll set something up! :D

The clan I will be joining is:
http://www.thewreckingcrew.eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Arma 3

Post by ayu »

Played a few times now, and still haven't finished a single mission.
The learning curve for this game is rather steep, but it's not fun if it's too easy ;).

So far I think the AI is pretty insane when it comes to reaction time and accuracy.
I read that the skill and accuracy of the AI can be changed though, so might consider doing that.
At one point I came around a corner and the NANOSECOND I showed my face I was instantly killed by a soldier that was just randomly standing around.
The same goes for enemy vehicles, as they will insta-kill you if you even poke out your finger from behind wherever you are hiding.

Fun game, but relatively hard to get into.
I will continue to play around with this though, if anyone wants to join : )

Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Thesk »

cats wrote:Played a few times now, and still haven't finished a single mission.
The learning curve for this game is rather steep, but it's not fun if it's too easy ;).

So far I think the AI is pretty insane when it comes to reaction time and accuracy.
I read that the skill and accuracy of the AI can be changed though, so might consider doing that.
At one point I came around a corner and the NANOSECOND I showed my face I was instantly killed by a soldier that was just randomly standing around.
The same goes for enemy vehicles, as they will insta-kill you if you even poke out your finger from behind wherever you are hiding.

Fun game, but relatively hard to get into.
I will continue to play around with this though, if anyone wants to join : )
i'm running the story line mode, and i think it's not fun at all, that AI is very insane even in the recruit (easy) mode. i have found a trainer that helps me a lot but it's really a combat game that requires a lot of concentration and patience, there's definitely allot to do, it's not just a point and shoot hack'n slash game not even with the trainer. the longer you play you'll get used to the AI.
you'll think that a trainer just makes a game way to easy, but not in this game. at some point you'll become a squad/team leader and you'll get a higher rank, that's the hardest part of the game you just don't command your'e team around because they actually behave like shit, you command them to get the hell out of dodge but they won't respond to that if there's a threat that needs to be killed in the vicinity. so just don't become a good team leader that saves the team every time, because that the AI is so insane close to reality, maybe so much that it becomes unnatural.
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Yeah I stopped playing this a while ago.
Simply gave up for the same reason you are describing.
The AI is simply horrible and the game is just too complex to play casually.

I'm currently working on a lot of projects at home so the only game I really play right now is Final Fantasy XIV, which for the record is a lot of fun ^^

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I think if a game has 3 roman numerals in the title, they're must milking the franchise at that point. Seriously, Final Fantasy was pretty awesome in it's hey-day, but for fucks sake, I think 14 titles is enough! :lol:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Thesk »

Gogeta70 wrote:I think if a game has 3 roman numerals in the title, they're must milking the franchise at that point. Seriously, Final Fantasy was pretty awesome in it's hey-day, but for fucks sake, I think 14 titles is enough! :lol:
Granted, the games series of many games like the one you've mentioned and like the GTA, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, Battlefield series etc. just runs down to one thing, your own personal taste.

you're absolutely right they (games companies 2K, EA, Bethesda, etc) are just milking the franchise, and so they will continue to as long as we keep demanding them.

i admit it i'm just waiting for the next Fallout game and the next Deus-EX game and the next Dishonored and the follow up to the Quantum Break game. :mrgreen: =D> :-99 [-o< :lol: \:D/ *thumb*
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

If you were looking for something more hardcore than EA's Battlefield franchise, but not as mil-sim-y as ARMA I'd suggest you take a look at Squad. For me it has a great balance between arcade and mil-sim. It does require whole team co-operation. It is a spiritual successor to Project Reality.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Stavros wrote:If you were looking for something more hardcore than EA's Battlefield franchise, but not as mil-sim-y as ARMA I'd suggest you take a look at Squad. For me it has a great balance between arcade and mil-sim. It does require whole team co-operation. It is a spiritual successor to Project Reality.
Well, hello there :)

I will take a peek at Squad, thanks ; D