great movie about the internet!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

great movie about the internet!

Post by bad_brain »

not sure if you guys know Werner Herzog, he's a german film director and making off the mainstream movies since at least 40 years already.

besides "normal" movies he also made some amazing documentaries, the last one I have seen a few days ago is named "Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World" and it's about the internet.
it takes a view on lots of different aspects and contains really fun facts, like "what was the first message on the internet?" or how there is a "wiki emergency project", also well known people like Kevin Mitnick show up.....to make it short: it's a lot of fun and really interesting! :D

[youtube][/youtube]

can be easily found on that site with the sailing ship. 8)

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: great movie about the internet!

Post by Gogeta70 »

"I became very ill from... wireless radiation... signals"

Well, I know what I'm watching tonight :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well...who knows. :-k
in the army I was working with different long range com equipment, mostly on a tank with a ~100ft. antenna, but also on an ultra-low frequency station that used the atmosphere as reflector so it could send messages to the other side of the globe.
when we were in the field (with the tank) I also have seen 1kW transmission trucks, those stations worked with huge vacuum tubes....some years later it turned out that a LOT of people that worked on those trucks got cancer, caused by the radiation. was a really big topic in the media here.
wifi is labeled as harmless, but hey...cocaine was too once, and cigarettes. :lol:

if you enjoyed the style of the movie, and Werner Herzog movies do have an unique style, here are 2 more of his documentaries I highly recommend:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Thank you for the information. Seems intriguing.
Will watch for sure. :D
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP