Install error : 0x80300024

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Install error : 0x80300024

Post by Thesk »

HI

So i thought i wanted to checkout some of my HDD's. so i swapped my Kingston 150gb SSD out for an WD blue 320 gb 7200rpm (just for fun sake).
i better mention that i've an 2TB seagate HDD installed as well.

So upon booting into my USB win 10 PRO x64 bit install drive, went fine, right up until i had to choose partion, so i chose wd 320 gb disk0 part 0. thats when i was prompted with the error, and i thought omg i've seen that error before but i couldn't remember what it meant.
so i did some research and found out that i had to test with unplugging my 2 TB HDD, i did and voila it worked!...
someone might think "well problem solved why are you writting about it here then".

well in my head that is not a sollution, thats just a temporary fix, i wanna know why windows creates this error.
with better understanding comes a grater resolution to the problem.
can any of you lovely people shed some light on this?... i know that there's a logical explanation for it, i hop you guys can help me understand this. :D

thx for any and all replies :D
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: Install error : 0x80300024

Post by Gogeta70 »

I've run into this problem before. I'm guessing that you had a USB hard drive plugged into the computer? Windows will not install if you have a USB hard drive or I think a USB stick plugged in. It's not a bug, it's a "feature".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...