My Antminer T9

Infos, Mining, Trading
ayu
Staff
Staff

My Antminer T9

Post by ayu »

So this is not a miner I have anymore. Sold it about two years ago. The main problem always for me has been the noise and the heat. Electricity has actually been secondary since I went in with the mindset that this is a hobby and it will cost (Mining almost 100 BTC and then losing them was not part of that plan though, but that's another story). I've had several miners but this was the last one before I had to move to an apartment where there simply wasn't anywhere to have such a noisy machine. The apartment where I had the last machine, an Antminer T9, had a separate washroom that had a ventilation hole that was in an outer wall, meaning I could push hot air that way. To deal with the noise I built a box and padded the inside with noise absorbing material. It was VERY effective and I could mine constantly with no issues until I had to move, which is when I sold it. The hot air was pushed through a metal tube and out through the vent in the wall (small issue with the metal tube was that it conducted the hot air really well and would heat up the air in the room in turn, but still very efficient).

https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/b ... -t9-12-5th

DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0132.JPG (5.53 MiB) Viewed 2921 times
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG (7.26 MiB) Viewed 2921 times
DSC_0136.JPG
DSC_0136.JPG (5.04 MiB) Viewed 2921 times
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: My Antminer T9

Post by bad_brain »

as experienced indoor herb tomato grower I have a remark about the build, especially the ventilation:
I think it would be much better to use an industrial ventilation system instead of 2 computer fans. it would be more silent because you could place the fan outside on a balcony or even a window ledge (but even for indoor use they have an ok noise level, the main noise is the airflow itself), and it would provide a much more powerful airflow, also those fans are relatively cheap:
https://maxgrowshop.com/product-eng-86- ... 0m3-h.html

:)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 14:14
as experienced indoor herb tomato grower I have a remark about the build, especially the ventilation:
I think it would be much better to use an industrial ventilation system instead of 2 computer fans. it would be more silent because you could place the fan outside on a balcony or even a window ledge (but even for indoor use they have an ok noise level, the main noise is the airflow itself), and it would provide a much more powerful airflow, also those fans are relatively cheap:
https://maxgrowshop.com/product-eng-86- ... 0m3-h.html

:)
Ah, never actually considered changing the fans.
Next time (and there will be a next time), I will most likely consider doing that :-k

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

you would need only one ventilator at the end which sucks the air through the case. I just checked and the one I linked (which is simply the first one I found) already has about three times the airflow of the 120mm Noctua fan (on max. speed) which is on #1 of the listings at the moment.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 15:36
you would need only one ventilator at the end which sucks the air through the case. I just checked and the one I linked (which is simply the first one I found) already has about three times the airflow of the 120mm Noctua fan (on max. speed) which is on #1 of the listings at the moment.
Sweet, will def check that out when the time comes. Of course it depends on what's hot when I can purchase the next unit, but currently have my eyes on this one =P~ https://shop.bitmain.com/release/Antmin ... o/overview