the inevtiable corona rant thread - uncensored

Our very own fight club!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

the inevtiable corona rant thread - uncensored

Post by bad_brain »

I guess it was inevitable...a corona rant thread... :lol:

stuff is getting ridiculous here: curfew at 8pm, most stores closed, protesters getting beaten up by cops and wiped off the street with water cannons...basically martial law in effect.

what's your opinion on this whole situation?

here's mine: that virus surely exists, but it's not more threatening than any other flu wave in every damn winter...actually it's way more harmless when you compare it to the deaths in the 2018 flu wave where it were 26k dead here (and they died FROM the flu, and not from and WITH like they use in their silly statistics now. leave alone 1970 where even 55k died....in both cases no lockdowns, no panic.
I'm not a tinfoil hat guy, but at least in the EU zone it's all about creating an artificial threat to put people into panic, because in that mindset people accept things they never would with a calm mind (like cutting down basic human rights).....one of the highest ranking german/EU politicians even said so in a radio interview months ago (he said it in the international "Deutsche Welle" channel, which has pretty much no regular listeners besides politicians).

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: the inevtiable corona rant thread - uncensored

Post by ayu »

I have intended to write a longer answer to this thread on my views on this, but Christmas coming up and my sleep being close to zero there just hasn't been any time yet xD. But I wanted to drop my three main reasons to why I'm concerned about Corona and why I believe it's a big deal.

1: The hospitals and graveyards being overrun with the dead. Hospitals here are currently on their knees and people are working themselves into insanity trying to keep up with the huge amount of people coming in. Not to mention the crazy situation in Italy at the start of the pandemic when so many people died in such a short time.

2: We (humanity) have the flu mostly figured out and know what to expect from it and how to make vaccines for it. We don't know nearly enough about Corona yet and how it could mutate; nor has the vaccination kicked in yet properly.

3: My parents friend got infected a few weeks ago and she's just now recovering. All the "weird" symptoms I've been reading about that I first thought "wow that's weird that probably wont happen to many people", happened to her. Shortness of breath, no taste, no smell. She says she can't walk 5 meters without having to stop and catch her breath, and that terrifies me. She's been like this for a while now and so far those effects haven't started to go away so we're not sure if it will be permanent damage or not.

I'm not very well read on this subject, but these three points are my main concerns at least. We haven't had any lock down here as it's hard to force people into that in Sweden due to the law. But personally I try to stay at home most of the time since I have asthma and allergies, so the risk of me getting the bad symptoms is higher. But for the main part I guess the "avoid overflowing the healthcare system with sick people" and "we don't know how the virus will evolve yet" reasons are the biggest ones for me as to why they would have lock downs.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Wow, it sounds like things are getting a bit serious there in Germany :?
Things here are fairly normal. There's a mandate that everyone has to wear a mask in public buildings, but other than that it's pretty calm. I do see less people out and about now, which is to be expected with the "stay at home" order. I'm working from home (on vacation right now, though), so I really only go out to go to the store.

The coronavirus is pretty similar to the flu, but we have seen more severe effects with it like ayu mentioned. On the other hand, I've known a few people that caught the coronavirus and 2-3 weeks later they were back to 100%. It just kinda depends on the person, I guess. But I also do fear what b_b mentioned; many people are willing to sacrifice their rights because they're told it's a temporary measure for the greater good of society. I am okay with that in some cases, and where it IS temporary. The problem is that temporary measures often become permanent ones and we all know it's damn near impossible to reverse that kind of thing. Sadly, all we can really do is watch how it plays out and hope for the best :|
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

aaaand it got even more ridiculous...curfew at 8pm...lockdown at least for whole January (sources say at least April or even June is already a done deal, they just spoonfeed it slowly to avoid riots).. :lol:

I am a lot on the streets riding my bicycles, also I live in a pretty small town where it's easy get into conversations with people because everyone kinda knows each other at least from passing by. 90% are getting seriously pissed off by now, most are too scared to actively do anything though...yet. I do at least a little by speaking to people and trying to inform them about alternative media sources, also there is a nice amount of patriotic stickers all over the town already. this will be an entertaining year, I can already tell... :lol: