My Story: As a First Timer!

Introduce yourself here....
CedricEllis
forum buddy
forum buddy

My Story: As a First Timer!

Post by CedricEllis »

So here I am on this new platform to consider what lies ahead of me and for me. For a long, I have been looking to perform variable calculations and operations regarding my study of field and degree and some of the interests I have. But I see that this is the introduction forum so I wanted to ensure that I present my case well and so that my colleagues and questioners will find it easy to locate me and lend me a helping and constructive hand.
At first, I am a mechanical engineer but that does not need for me to look for some other forum or platform. Moreover, there is a lot to consider when we leave the degree of study and step out into the world of earning. This is a harsh world, to be honest. There is no place and no respect for people that want to learn more and more and earn and earn. People here reflect their nature that to earn you need to carry the x-factor. But what if someone really wants to conduct the x-factor worthiness work by learning and learning a lot. Hence, I thought that this forum will be great to express my expertise in general and think wisely of the bigger picture.
For my skills and preferences, there is graphic designing that I dearly love to conduct and begin. But I do not find good clients for the purpose. For instance, I have been trying on the freelancing world but I do not find the necessary response from the people. But I think that I must use my engineering software skills of AutoCAD and Solidworks that will at least make me stick to my expertise and keep me in the study of choice.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: My Story: As a First Timer!

Post by ayu »

Hello and welcome! : )

This forum is quite a veteran these days, still going pretty strong although it gets quiet here from time to time.

Have you tried Fiverr for your freelancing attempts?
I usually use it when I need to buy art/ads for my company : )
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: My Story: As a First Timer!

Post by bad_brain »

personally I hate designing, can't even draw a round circle properly... :lol: but the good thing about it is that you can create a showcase without having actual clients yet, so my recommendation is to create a website which you can link potential clients to so they can see your skills....if you're good with graphics then you're good with graphics, people don't ask how many logos you have created yet.

in the end you'll always need a bit of luck, patience, and tenacity. fiverr, as ayu mentioned, is surely a good place to start getting into the business, once you have gained some experience upwork.com might be worth signing up to, a couple of my clients have recruited there already.