site speed / short downtime today

Sep. 19 2005 - Dec. 14 2007
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

site speed / short downtime today

Post by bad_brain »

hey folks... :wink:
well, the site was a little slow in the last days, the reason was most likely because the last reboot have been more than 100 days ago...I know it sucks, but server admins kinda show off with their server uptime when they meet... :oops:
during reboot some problems appeared which made the whole server non-responsive for more than 5 minutes, even the web-iface from where the server status can be checked (reboots can be made too there) was not responding...imagine my blood pressure... 8O
the fact that you can read this shows I was able to solve the problem, the site is also much faster again now [-o<

just as an explanation for people who found the site non-responsive or wondered about the bad site speed.......I have to search my blood pressure pills now... 8-[

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hmm, bad brain, you seem addicted to your own creation? :roll:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Hehehe. You sound like my dad. Any time he touches his computer his blood pressure skyrockets. :lol:

Actually, now that you mention it, I do notice that the website is a little more responsive.

ryan1918
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by ryan1918 »

good too see your back.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

where are the nitroglycerin pills?

Post by DNR »

Your blood pressure?! My blood pressure was rising cuz I was trying to post! :x
When I hit the submit button, I was always redirected to the front page. WTF?! I thought I was being n00by or too high.

DNR
Last edited by DNR on 03 Oct 2006, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

maybe I should display some kind of "health risk"-disclaimer for the site, DNR.... :lol:

of course I am gogeta... 8-[ you can find me pretty often in the local subway station: "ssst, hey! have some suck-o? I really need some...", sometimes they sell me bad stuff and when I open the little plastic bag there is a booter-site in it... :lol:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

k, a little update:
I've setup an extra php-cache today, so the site speed have increased a lot (at least for me)...

enjoy... :D

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Lmao, good one b_b... hah...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bennybill
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by bennybill »

B_B i would make like a New web page jst 1 to tell us if anything goes wrong with this page that ur not suspectsing jst to give us noptice that we know ur trying to fix it or since this is a community some 1 should get a channel up so we can tlk to each other just incase 8)

B3^

P.s i would get a channel like on mirc if any1 knows wat that is or there is a program u can downlaod like msn that i saw in pc gamer BUT i would need help. Just pm if ya can

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, downtimes are really rare....at least since suck-o is running on my own server, the last downtime was just a couple of minutes... :wink:
but if anything happens I'll be on IRC.....visit me there in the next days and we can talk about your own IRC channel... :wink:

bennybill
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by bennybill »

klkl is it me ur tlking to :?