Newbie wants help

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Newbie wants help

Post by Swan »

Hi guys just joined your site. I want to be a master hacker as well as in addition to my voodoo magic. Any tips? What programming language would you recommend? I am trying to learn assembly as a first language but boy is it a bitch to learn. Anything easier at least to begin with, and does programming become easier the more languages you learn or are they all so different so as to have no effect?

ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by ilkjester »

Its been said to start with html. Altough this isn't a real programming language its a good step in the right direction. Then after that you can get into javascript. Assembly for your first language man I don't recommend that at all. Yeah the more languages you learn the easier it gets. Thats what ive been told.

p99

Post by p99 »

It works kind of like this:

To program well you need to know programming logic. But in order to get this
skill you need to program :wink:

I personally reccomend python because it is simple, powerful, and you start to get a basic logic going after a while.

Then you can go to other languages much easier. Learn programming logic and the rest is just syntax.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Actually I disagree with all of you. Assembly is a great beginner language because it teaches the student about the pointers, stack, registries, and memory in such a way that the learner becomes more in tune with how the dam digital world functions. Other higher level languages can not give the student a real clear picture of what the hell is going on inside the processor. It is tough to learn at first but you will have a greater understanding of other languages and how they operate. More so that learning other languages come easier after learning assembly. All most to the point where you can read the language you never coded in; and understand it to a point where you can get by, or tweak things. I know it is difficult but if you stick to it your programming mind will develop much deeper and you will have a greater knowledge of all languages. In effect become a better haxor all around.

:twisted:
PEACE
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

p99

Post by p99 »

Well yeah you would likely get a better understanding quicker......

But not easily. like this: you can't just give a 12 year old a calculus book and expect them to learn it.

He needs some solid ground to stand on before he tries

It is easier to start small and to get the basics. Get the basics down before you try to grasp everything complicated.

Tep
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Tep »

both of you have valid points but i started with a little bit of Html you know to tweak myspace and things and i could create a web page but im too damn lazy for it

And now i working on C++ its not to hard and i understand most of it im reading the e-book Essential C++ that you can find in this site Down loads section

i personally think that you should start with html just to get that little bit of a logic for programming and then move to C++ because so far its been rather easy and if you plan on going into programming as a career its a good language because a good amount programs are scripted in C++

but really its based on personal prefference so if you like web design then move on to Java, PHP ect. (after HTML of course)

and if you like programing then look into C++, VB ect.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I guess the bottom line is to start and enjoy which ever one you decide. The best programmers are driven and passionate in the code they decide to write in.

Good luck and ask millions of questions….

PEACE
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

thank you all so much for your input. Suppose I should be a little more precise I HAVE learned HTML, just didnt class that as a programming language. Well, maybe you can answer me this. C/C++ are they different? Is one better than the other, or does C++ simply build upon C? (A bit like an expansion pack for a game perhaps?)

Floodhound, what a great name! Thats what I have to herald the dead to my house! Bravo.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

C and C++ are closely related i guess. I can code in C and use a C++ compiler to compile my work. I never used C++ due to the lack of time i have however i bet i can read C++ and somewhat get by since i have a background in assembly and C. Visual basic is a good language but limited to machines running windows only. :(

Assembly is great for worms, viruses and running code on all machines including cell phones and any device that runs a processor. As long as you know the detials of the processor you desire to write the code for.

PEACE
:twisted:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

C was developed to do system programming in linux in 1960s if i m not wrong.. later C++ was invented also known as C with classes, it's basically C with classes and classes are used to implement object oriented design.

C has modular approach unlike C++.. from my personal experience C++ is useful in true sense when more than one person is working on a very big project so that code can be reused and other features like abstration and data hiding are useful

C on the other hand have some other differences than C++, for example the file handling is a little different in both of them(due to OOPS) and the pointers

In C for dynamic memory allocation you would use malloc() where as in C++ 'new' keyword is used.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

guys, I dont want to send viruses or worms. I jsut want to "open" doors, i.e. hack into sites. Not to deface, or destroy, but just to read. Especially public sector stuff.

p99

Post by p99 »

Technically gaining access to a servers files when they aren't supposed to be
accessed is hacking.

It is sorta like raping it :wink:
Think about that one....