Vista-MS complete insane?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Vista-MS complete insane?

Post by bad_brain »

Seen in Giga-TV (german computer TV station) a report about MS´s new OS "Vista", MS released the minimum system requirements, fasten your seat belts:
-2GB RAM
-graphics card with at least 256mb
-dual core processor(!)

Even the stupidest game developer knows that a big point in selling his product is to keep the minimum requirements as low as possible, this looks like the usual deal between MS and the hardware manufacturers, ridiculous!
Vista will surely went the same way as MS Server 2003, nobody wanted to buy it until parts of Win2000´s source code was "stolen" and published on the net, so people paniced about security flaws (the fun part is that only unimportant parts of the source was published) and switched to 2003.

With such behaviour MS plays direct into the hands of Linux, well done MS! :lol:

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

yeah i've read it and was gonna submit it as news but i forgot, i've read the articla on torrentspy.com it's insane
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

You can still post it... 8)
Well, it´s like I´ve said to you on MSN: I´m gonna switch to Linux completely as soon as possible....buying a whole new system for a crappy OS filled with bugs (we all know it will be)? Not with me...

ukenage

Post by ukenage »

This is not verry unusual for Microsoft....Prepare for more :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Yeah...but from XP (64mb RAM, runs even on a PII) to Vista it´s the biggest hardware step MS ever did. I´ve heard rumors that there maybe will be half a dozend of Vista versions, and the ones for laptops will strictly OEM ones. You´re right, this is the common practice of MS to get competitors out of business, like the MS/Intel thing (many big electronics shops here get real good conditions by MS and Intel, but ONLY if they don´t sell AMD-boxes in their stores). But I think this time MS is on the wrong path, no company can afford to buy all new systems just to be able to use Vista, and the common private user will not do so either and will keep using XP or switch to Linux.
MS is dying, open-source will take-over...slowly,but steady... :D

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Yeah, I can see another situation that is, or will be, like this one.

The PS3 and Xbox360...They demand such a high graphics detail that game makers will want more money than Sony and/or Microsoft may be willing to pay....

Now, I dunno, maybe MS is planning to get to those arrogant rich kids who wanna feel "l337"? lol....more thoughts from me later...maybe.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews