Brave Go0OO0oogle World ..

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Brave Go0OO0oogle World ..

Post by FrankB »

Ladies and gentlemen, in the era of Web 2.0., please log in

-> http://docs.google.com/

They all do it for free .. until now off course ...

In the meanwhile, small ICT companies, well .. "let them eat cake"
:-(

--
Still 100% FrankB

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

google....*yuk*

remember some years ago when using google was fun? but google became a 2nd Microsoft: greedy gluttons who would do anything to spy on their users (ever tried to sign up for a google site-assessment? man, I think they even ask for the size of your dick... :lol: )
it's the best example for what's wrong with globalisation: in the end there will be only semi-monopols left, and they can treat the users how they want to because you don't have a real alternative anyway.
google should simply do its "job" and supply information (best without amazon-, ebay-, and all the other useless commercial pseudo-results on the first 5 sites) and get the head out of the DRM-ass.....but well, we all know it will even get worse.... :roll:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

yeah.. they are becoming like over ambitious.. lol pseudo-results...

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

bad_brain wrote:google....*yuk*

remember some years ago when using google was fun?
Yup, a simple interface with no adds...
bad_brain wrote: but google became a 2nd Microsoft: greedy gluttons who would do anything to spy on their users (ever tried to sign up for a google site-assessment? man, I think they even ask for the size of your dick... :lol: )
I must confess: i did gOOgle addSense and indeed, the apply form is freaky .. almost like running for a Verysign certificate !
bad_brain wrote: it's the best example for what's wrong with globalisation: in the end there will be only semi-monopols left, and they can treat the users how they want to because you don't have a real alternative anyway.
Yes, but in goOgle's case they will have to review the purpose of their initial company goals:
for the Giants : Microsoft, IBM, Novell to name a few, their current motto is :

sell a piece of brainteasing software for almost no real cost ( corporate fee & buy ) BUT tax as many dollars with Support / Training & Helpdesk ... duh .. :-)

So, if people are going to have to send Emails to GoOgle.dot.whatever to have ANSWERS and obtain RESULTS, then .. well gOogle's primary goal collapses into nonsense, no ? :-)
bad_brain wrote: google should simply do its "job" and supply information (best without amazon-, ebay-, and all the other useless commercial pseudo-results on the first 5 sites) and get the head out of the DRM-ass.....but well, we all know it will even get worse.... :roll:
I sadly agree ... :-(

--
100% FrankB ( vote for more fish in the seven seas )

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

pseudo_opcode wrote:yeah.. they are becoming like over ambitious.. lol pseudo-results...
:-) one cannot even play with the boolean query_string options anymore .. even that is filtered :
" did you mean French military AND defeat ?" :-))))

--
100% FrankB ( fish!, in the sea )