Help? Friend or foe?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Help? Friend or foe?

Post by Swan »

guys can you help? I joined Ebay, and have been on it for a while and so have built up a good feedback. Today I recieved an E-mail from a chinese wholesale company looking to sell eletronic goods at very reasonable prices. Their site seems legitimate the big issue is though they dont have any feedback on Ebay, only one from a seller who is no longer on Ebay. As I said, the prices are great and they intend to ship the items in insured and reputable parcel comapneis such as Parcel Force, Fed Ex etc, as well as giving me a tracking number. This could potentially be very lucrative, but dont want to be too hasty. Any tips guys?

p99
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by p99 »

Shopping online is shady as it is. It's your money, I personally would play it safe. Not worth the aches and pains.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hands off man.... [-X
it's a common trick to rip people off on ebay, a "company" in poland done the same with my sister and she lost pretty much money. simply imagine what you could do when trouble appears: nothing. because sueing a company in China is pointless. I even read a story about a guy which traveled to the country where the company was located and wanted to demand his money back...when he arrived there he was kidnapped and his family had to pay ransom.

levander
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by levander »

At the very very most, do a small deal with them. Like charge some inventory for your ebay store on a credit card and buy it from them. Check out everything with the credit card, and make sure you can refute the charges successfully if they don't deliver. But, most likely they are going to say they don't take American credit cards... But, that's the idea, you've got to establish some kind of relationship based on losses you can afford before you hang yourself out to dry with them. Start small and build slowly with them.

But, that said. This does sound like you're being scammed. Have you contacted ebay customer service? I wouldn't be surprised if they've seen this same thing, with this same company before.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

If it is to good to be true then It is shady business !!!!
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ