Hope everyone else is having a wonderful holiday...

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful holiday...

Post by Stavros »

Because yesterday around 3 PM the phone company shut off our phone and DSL. Some jackass in the office apperently thought we were moving into our new house the day the phone man hooked up the phone line. Hell, we don't even have phone jacks installed.

Not to mention that when my grandmother actually got someone on the phone today (after 2 hours of being on hold) her phone dies. So we try again (after lunch) and sit on the phone for 3 hours before saying "fuck it." With a grand total of 7 hours on hold in 1 day, we're pissed at the phone company and trying to find one that won't ream our ass so bad.

So yesterday all I could do was meld with the TV...and apperently nothing good comes on Friday nights.

So, right now I'm at my brothers friends house somewhere between researching ISPs and banging my head against the wall.

Wish me luck before I start drinking hard liquor.

[Edit] Mississppi is one of the worst states for broadband. I'm moving to another state when I get a good job.

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

my mom pissed me off and my hand went tru her door...WTH...what a noob door...oh well Happy Holidays!

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

TheKingOfHearts wrote:my mom pissed me off and my hand went tru her door...WTH...what a noob door...oh well Happy Holidays!
Maybe you should fix the door for a X-mas present to her. Happy Holidays to you too.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

In the words of Professor Farnsworth, "Good news, everyone!"

Well, the good news is I have internet capabilities, however there are several major set backs.

1) I won't have broadband until sometime in January (assuming the phone company doesn't fuck around too much and not get it insalled until February)

2) I'm surfing at 52kbps (considerably better than the 36kbps we used to get in the same spot as our old house used to stand, thank you Hurricane Katrina for making the phone company install new phone lines)

3) I won't be on often as the house we're in is a 10 minute drive (at 60 mp/h down country roads) and my brother and I will be fighting over who should be on...Ah the good old days....

4) I won't be living in the new house (which is where the phones are hooked up) until the plumber gets the rest of the house hooked up with water and hot water heaters. And that could be another few weeks. (We're all about ready to strangle the dipshit since he keeps saying he'll come out next week, but never shows.)

So, I'll pretty much be communicating through here (unless you catch me on IRC. I've yet to move my computer to the new house and even if I do, I've still got to come up with a 56k modem. So, wish me luck. It's boring without my internets.