Web site and my robot cam need help ?

All about creating websites!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Web site and my robot cam need help ?

Post by floodhound2 »

Ok I have a website and I was wondering how difficult it would be to put webcam footage (live, or - real time footage) on the site. I have my site hosted through a company in other words I am not running a server out of my home. How difficult is it going to be for me to display images from my webcam that is mounted on my robot running in my house? I can take a picture every second or every 30 seconds ( or more) to save bandwidth issues.

Please show me the light~

PEACE
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

ive had an odd bit of success with this, there are apps out there that will update pic to your webserver, when it comes to realtime im unsure though...ill do some research see if i can help you out here ;)

knightm4r3
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by knightm4r3 »

My local Paintball proshop set up a live cam of their fields using a linksys web cam. I know it is hosted through linksys too but my problem with it is that you need to use IE to access it, so I have yet to view the cam ..

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Thanks I got my cam up and running on my site. It is a bit crude but I got the idea. Now all I need is to make a wireless communications device and a protocol for packets. I figure a few months and ill have my robot sending pics to my web site for me to watch while I am at work.

Thanks again….
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ