Sniffing with wireshark.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Sniffing with wireshark.

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have just gone through this whole e-book called Wireshark & Ethereal network annlyzer...and I did not find what I was looking for. I do not know where else to look for me to learn how to sniff and capture packtes that do not come from my own comptuer.

I googled and I looked throug e-books and I found no where any thing. So either you guide me to the information or you help me with this your selves.

All I want to know is how to make it caputre packets of a targeted comptuer. I can learn my self all the rest. I have the e-book I have told you so you do not have to concern your self with the rest.

I am not going to sniff on a wireless network which it does talk a lot about but LAN. In the book it does talk about hackers using this but it does not tell you how they do that. It talks about certain methods like Xmas or null and some other ones.

So please help me out. I have looked every where and I would really like to use a sniffer. Thanks!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the wireshark documentation is really good:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/

for the background knowledge you should read "TCP/IP illustrated", you can find it in our downloads... :wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I need a tutorial on how to sniff other peoples conections. If I wanted to sniff my own computer that tutorial would be all that I need.

I have read the book, read the tutorial, looked on the internet and I am not going to continue reading more stuff about which I have already heard many times before. The link you gave me was just what I read about in the book and I know about packets so I do not have to read more tutorials about that.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

sniffing other peoples connections? you mean a man-in-the-middle attack?
this can't be done with wireshark, get Ettercap... :wink: