Financial Advice

All about graphics, sounds, etc...
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Financial Advice

Post by Gogeta70 »

Okay, my cousin is a few towns away from me here. He is the lead singer of Arsenic dream, and throws alot of concerts. He noticed my talent with photoshop, and now has me making flyers for him. Here's how the conversation went recently (about the latest flyer):
Josh and I wrote: AJ,
I need this flyer as fast as you can. put a bad ass back ground to it. This is my Birthday party.

The Sapphire Lounge Presents
Friday January 19th
3 Headed Moses
Arsenic Dream
The Dying Art (Formerly Lowdown)
Doors open at 9:00
All age show
( On Broadway Underneath Gumby's)
Give me a call if you need anything.

Later,
Josh
--
Email 2:

I'll get it to you ASAP.

Also, if you can, i'd like to start receiving payment for this, however i'm unsure of a price. How about you give me a price quote, and i'll charge 15% less?
--
Email 3:

I have no clue what you can charge. its not like I'm making money off of any of this. I usually lose money on flyers since it cost me to print them. I don't know just give me a price per flyer and I will tell you if thats cool.

Thanks,
Josh
Do you guys have any ideas on a price? I prefer the advice of those with experience, but all is appreciated.

Thanks.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

honestly price per flyer all depends on the material being used for the flyer is it quality gloss that can withstand water? if your doing a design you should simply sell the design for say a percentage of what it costs to make so many flyers

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I'm not actually printing the fliers or anything. All I'm doing is designing the flyer and sending him the PNG or JPEG file to print it himself.

knightm4r3
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by knightm4r3 »

Just today I had 1500 pages printed on 80# paper and it was about 600$ (they were color, and gloss paper)

How much and what quality is he looking for?

Staples does 29 cent color copies, and FedEx Kinkos does them for less I believe ..

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Again, i don't have anything to do with the printing of the fliers. All i do is design them, he has someone else professionally print them, i believe.

So what I'm asking is what should i charge to *design* these fliers?

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

i wasnt talking about fliers, ask him how many fliers he is printing for his event, then ask him how much it costs him to print that amount, then take a percentage of that amount and charge him that

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Oh, i see. Thanks guys.