BSOD!

Problems? Post here...
Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

BSOD!

Post by Chaos1986 »

One Morning When My Grandmother Turned On Her Laptop She Had The Dreaded BSOD. The Message Said Something About A BAD_POOL_HEADER. What Does That Mean And I Already Fixed The Laptop By Using Safemode With Command Prompt. I'm Just Curious What A BAD_POOL_HEADER Is All About. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

p99

Post by p99 »

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66251.html

It appears that this is caused by drivers for some devices.
If you don't get an answer here ask this at jinx.com. The member Ozzy_98 is a freaking Windows encyclopedia.

Chaos1986

Post by Chaos1986 »

Thank You Very Much p99. I Was Pretty Sure It Was A Software Problem. Now I Can Tell My Grandma What It Was That Did That To Her Laptop. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Recently, my mother's computer was always rebooting.... I tried wverything... Antivirus, cleaning all comp from dust, chkdsk /r, memtest, change videocard driver...

I then figured that 1 week before, she installed SP2. THEN I rollback and everything works! Thx SP2.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe, yeah, windows patches can be real fun.... :lol:
a week ago my sister asked me to install an app for her, but it didn't worked because it needed SP1...so I installed it, and when done the mouse and keyboard were non-responsive, not just USB, even PS/2 wasn't working anymore...I did a repair install, mouse/keyboard worked again but the AGP port wasn't recognized anymore..... :lol: after re-installing all drivers AGP was working again, but the screen went white after 2 seconds when nothing was moving on it.....well, we all know how such stuff ends: complete new setup... :roll:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

After much swearing I assume :lol:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

And to save people from future trouble, i'm going to give out the cause of a common problem that isn't often looked at. Sometimes, a computer will reboot or completely turn off randomly. Ever since the ATX form factor, power supplies now need a constant 5 volt flow running to the motherboard on a specific wire, called the "PWR_OK" wire. What this does is tell the computer that the power supply is in good enough shape to power up. If power from this line is lost at any time, the computer will turn off, reboot if it only looses power for a moment, or refuse to start. So, if you've tried everything, then try a new PSU, it might be the problem...

I hope this helps.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

p99

Post by p99 »

Is this how the feature when you touch the computer case metal when running will make the computer reboot?

Loss of voltage because it's into something else?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

No, it's a cable plugged into your motherboard with your 20 pin, or 24 pin connector. It doesn't charge up the case, or it shouldn't...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...