International Online hacking contest

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

International Online hacking contest

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Hey everyone!!
A friend invited me to participate in an international hacking contest, i checked out the registration site and we can form a team of three people, i was wondering let's represent suck-o there, the eligibility is that you must be in any university, the prize is not declared yet but i think its like $1000 US along with international respect... lol

The contest is on 23rd of February at 1700hrs(IST, +530GMT), but i want two people who think they can hack to help me, i m not looking for any n00bs and please tell me about your hacking achievements, basically i want a coder and a network guru but if you have any other special skills, i'll consider that!!

present team
1.pseudo_opcode
2.XXXXXXXXXXX
3.XXXXXXXXXXX

the link is http://www.techkriti.org/events.php?eventID=37&page=1
this is organized by India's #1 institute of technology and world #3

JuggaloMushroom
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by JuggaloMushroom »

well i don't know if i would count i can only do like 2 things 1. see the source of a webpage 2.get into secret directories but that's pretty much it and also i am in middle school going to highschool....so tell me if that counts atleast for something or i am useless(don't hold back)
Oh,Not in cruelty, Not in wrath,
The REAPER came today,
An ANGEL visited this gray path,
And took the cube away.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

It's a good offer but I think I will pass. For one I would win (little doubt about that) *winks* and than the feds would follow me where ever I would go.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

everything was legal and planned, but the contest is over and it came as a bid dissapointment for me, one thing i wasnt in best shape, i was weak sick... the other thing the competition wasnt what i was expecting, it was a more of a puzzle for people with good knowledge of computers, it started and i had some problems with my id and password they provided, it took two hours to settle everything and for me to start, then the 'puzzles' were kinda weird, in the first one we had to get the password, after some time the hint they provided said, look in CSS, consider a real world scenario, i have never found any clue in CSS files in my career, would they give a subtle hints about password in CSS files? i dunno but it felt that later levels of steganography would require some bit manipulations of the images and i was really not feeling like coding, so more or less i gave up and decided to go to bed, even the prize money wasnt that great, average jobs pay me more or less the same.

So it was more of a waste of time for me, i thought we'll be manipulating stacks, buffers and writing some shellcode, but i guess no contest can give you a taste of real life hacking(thats the purpose of menace games)

Lol but i quit it before it was over thinking i m too old for all this... :roll: