Cellphone as Wireless device.

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cellphone as Wireless device.

Post by Stavros »

In all honesty I"m not sure whether to file this in here, under Wardriving or Phreaking, so I'm going to place it here.

So, one day at lunch me and 3 other friends were talking about the weak wireless signal we get from the library and wondering if we could get the IT department to install a wireless router in the cafeteria offices.

My friend this jumps in with a comment about a video he saw on the internet. It showed a guy wrap a length of Cat5e (Ethernet) cable around a cellphone and plug one end into the Ethernet port and he had a make-shift super-wireless "card".

To make sense of this we reasoned that the cellphone could pick up a wider range of wireless signals, so the signal came in strong.

Does this sound plausible?

Tuesday I'm going to take a short piece of Ethernet cable with me and test this with a friends laptop.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

oh yea thats some interesting stuff, i m not an electronics expert but i think it is possible, i dont know the calculations for diameter of the loop and all, i guess floodhound would be able to tell us...