Stat about newcomer?

Sep. 19 2005 - Dec. 14 2007
Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Stat about newcomer?

Post by Nerdz »

I was wondering how many people have register since the download section need a registration?

bad_brain, do you have any stats like % of b4 having to register and after?

Because I guess there is like 50% of registered user just for the download section.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Well, of course many people just register for the downloads, but that´s the same as on every other site... :wink:
and I don´t have any statistics about it, I mean, the dl-section was just open for a month without the need to register, and new affiliates and toplist entries were made until then, so it would be hard to say what was caused by the closing of the dl-section.
ok, surely it caused more registrations, but the motive for me to do this was also to cut down the traffic a bit....and hey, when someone is too lazy to register he don´t deserve the sweet files anyway... 8)

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

lol ok
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

i agree, i have only been a member a few weeks and had to make myself a member through e mail to be able to say go to the download section. i also feel that it it is right to keep the site trafic down and if people are prepared to take five mins to be a member they are more serious about the topics discussed in the forums than your fly-bye surfers as i call them. i also think that people who do register are more likely to get involved in the forum which is a good thing for all members because its questions that give answers and knowledge is power, so therefore the more input the site has the more knowledge it can supply.

keep up the good work guys :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

thanks, we'll do.. :D