Cola machine phreaking

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Cola machine phreaking

Post by ayu »

I have read a lot about cola machine phreaking lately (thanks to mrmike lol) and i found a lot of info about it, so i gathered it all up and wrote a tutorial that i am going to have on my site later on when it is finished, but i would like some comments on it first =)

Code: Select all

How to phreak a cola machine

Complete guide

1.0: Sources

1.1: Description

1.2: The foot trick (free can)

1.3: The coin trick (all the change in the machine)

1.4: Service menu 

1.5: The hand trick (free soda)

1.0 Sources: This guide was written by Neo130. I found a lot of the info on suck-oold.com written by Mrmike, and a lot of info on "i-hacked" written by ch0pstickninja & fire.

1.1 Description: This guide was made simply to learn you how to phreak a cola machine and get free soda. The tricks functionality depends on what machine you are using. But by reading this you should me able to identify some of them. Also you can just try it and if it doesn't work then just go to another machine.

1.2 The foot trick: The first trick is very simple, simply put your foot up the hole where the soda is suposed to come out. The machine will think that the soda didn't come out and you can get your change back by pushing the change button. Then just remove your foot and you will have a free soda.

1.3 The coin trick: This trick is about pushing the buttons in a certain way, the button to the top is 1..under that is 2....etc. press this combination 432112311 then press (hold) the change button and all the change in the machine should come out.

1.4 Service menu: This method is very limited and only works on those large cola machines with the pictures on it (i only tested this on one but didn't work). Ok so let's start. To enter the menu you have to enter the following button combination, 4231 this should take you in to the debug menu and should show some sort of message on the LED screen, if nothing happens then it probably doesn't work on that machine. The navigation in the menu works like this

Button 1 - Exit/Back
Button 2 - Up
Button 3 - Down
Button 4 - Select

The amount of options you get depends on how old the machine is.
Older: SALE, VER, EROR, RTN
Newer: CASH, SALE, EROR, RTN

CASH: The cash option shows how much cash is in the machine and how much that has been spent on all the items.

SALE: The sale option shows how many drinks that has been sold from the machine, you can also check how many that has been sold from each soda.

VER: This options will scroll a large alphanumeric string and is most likely the machine version.

EROR: There are 8 different types of errors, these are

COLJ: Column jams
VEnd: Vend mechanism
door: Door switch
sels: Select switch
CHAR: Changer Errors
acce: Acceptor Errors
StS: Space-to-sales errors
bVal: Bill validators

You don't have much use for the errors, but you can clear them if you want to, hold the enter button (Button 4) for 2 seconds and the errors should be cleared.

RTN: This is the return option, it will exit the debug menu. On the newer machines you have to press RTN to exit the menu.

CPO: Coin payout mode, lets you dump coins from the coin mechanism.

tVFL: Tube fill mode, Allows you to load coins in to the coin tubes, useless for you since you can't do it from the outside.

TEST: Test routines
This allows you to test the following routines:

SE This will allow you to test all the buttons by giving you the number of the button when you press it.
SP Sold-out paddle test, will most likely test so that the "Sold-out paddle" functions correctly.
Su Sold-out switch test, same as the above.
CO Motor test. Will run various column motors.
Cn Coin test. Put in a coin and it will tell you what kind of coin it is.
nA Note acceptor test. Same as Cn, but for bills.
dSP Display test. Will test the LED screen.
vErS shows version number.

RELY: This options will test the electronic relay parts, don't use it, it might cause damage to the machine if some parts aren't unplugged.

PASS: You probably won't be able to access this but it lets you change the menu password from 4231

PrIC: Price settings, Let's you change prices on the items.

StOS: Space to sales routine, lets you change the "STS" routine, meaning that you can make so that all buttons mean the same thing.

COn: This option sets the machine permission, as in which commands you are allowed to use. It has a few options.

C1: Sets price menu on
C2: Sets special manufacturer options on
C3: Disables the ICE COLD COKE message
C4: Autoviewing of the menu when the door is open.
C5: door switch status.
C6: Future use (?).
C7: Determines if you money credit stays in for 5 minutes or infinite.
C8: Force vend.
C9: Allows you to vend multiple times without putting in more money.
C10: Escrow inhibit.

CCoC: Correct change only control, Changes the "correct change only" to your liking.

TIME: Changes the machines local time. 

LANG: Changes the machines language.

Extra: If you hold the coin return button long enough it should show you the machine temperature (didn't work for me though)

Conclusion: If you can't get behind the door then there is not much you can do, but if you manage to manipulate the settings right you could do just about whatever you want. A tip is to test these things late at night on a location with not many people, i did.

1.5 The hand trick: This trick doesn't work on the regular machines with the pictures on them. This trick is used on the machines with the large window where you can see all the sodas and there is a little elevator that pics them up. Buy a drink, then when the elevator pics it up you put your hand over the hole so that it can't push the soda out. The machine will react as the drink wasn't delivered and you will get your money back. The soda will stay on the elevator. Now you can use the same money to buy another one and repeat the procedure until you are satisfied.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

dooo
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by dooo »

my fave bits 1.3: but most ppl all ready know the menu and i would like to add using the menu u can get a free coke (i think) correct me if i'm wrong.

mrmike
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mrmike »

:lol: yeah i think thats true,cola fix that... but test the other tipps for free cola!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Damn, got caught phreaking the cola machine :evil: :evil: :evil:
Now i have to pay 250$ CAD to the ski resort :evil: :evil:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Aww, man that sucks.

But did it work?

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Stavros wrote:Aww, man that sucks.

But did it work?
well, kinda did... i got 2 cokes for 250$ hehe

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ulysse wrote:
Stavros wrote:Aww, man that sucks.

But did it work?
well, kinda did... i got 2 cokes for 250$ hehe
lol ^^

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Jus tto clarify the coin trick, you need to put the money, then you put your foot where the can is suppose to drop and then you choose your liquor and finally you press CHANGE or REFUND or whatever to get your money back

Is that it?
Last edited by Nerdz on 25 Mar 2007, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Forgot, but yesterday (or friday, whatever) I tried the 432112311 trick and it didn't work. I'll probably try the foot trick nextweek.

trick

Post by trick »

Hand trick usually doesn't work anymore because coke has updated those machines. I tried it at school a couple of times, the soda stays on the elevator thing but you don't get your money back, it sucks :/

headshootin

Post by headshootin »

aww man... i have one of those elevator machines at my school but they JUST got it in so it's probably the updated one

geatone

Post by geatone »

Dang, I always hope someone would come up with a pepsi tutorial north east Ohio is all pepsi.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

geatone wrote:Dang, I always hope someone would come up with a pepsi tutorial north east Ohio is all pepsi.

Well you could always try it on Pepsi, i mean it's still a machine on the inside ^^

geatone

Post by geatone »

have didnt get any results. no menu or anything oh well where theres a will theres a way

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

will theres a way
:D