DDoS help me please. (Noob)

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Damien99

DDoS help me please. (Noob)

Post by Damien99 »

Ok I want to DDoS Or DoS a WoW private server (it is my friends server and he knows we are experimenting with it so im not doing this illegaly).... I heard of a program called "portfuck" or "portfucked" that gets the job done easy. I was wondering if any of you guys have a link to it.....

BTW will I end up in jail getting the hot beef injection? (what are my chances of getting cuaght if i ever did this to a website, not saying im going too)

Thank you to who ever responds with helpfull info

RNA
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by RNA »

Generally your ISP wont be to happy if you're using their service to DoS, even if the person is ok with it.

Im not sure of any programs you could use if you wanted to, sorry.

alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

net tools is good
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

a DDoS is a very bad idea, because it don't only affect your friend's server, it would affect the whole network infrastructure, so both providers (your ISP and his server provider) would not be very amused. besides that there is no tool which runs a DDoS, there are only tools which enable you to control the botnet...not botnet no DDoS. if you just want to make a huge amount of requests to the server (flooding) I don't think you will be able to cause a DoS, it would have to be a real crappy server (low bandwidth) then and/or your internet connection would have to be a VERY fast one.

and well, when you would do this on a website your chances of getting caught are pretty high if the admin is not a total n00b....and even then: when the attack affects the host infrastructure you wouldn't only have to deal with the server admin, the provider would surely like to "talk" to you too then...
my recommendation: if you really want to get into this do it in your LAN, keeps you away from trouble.... :wink: