Vista issue with exe's and protection software

Problems? Post here...
SlyTX

Vista issue with exe's and protection software

Post by SlyTX »

Im having trouble with the, in my opinion, over active protection software that comes turned on by default in Vista. Ive turned off the windows firewall and windows defender and tried to atleast reduce the protection because often times its blocking things that I intend to be doing, or making me work around it. Specific problem is extracting an exe file from winrar. It extracts all the files except the exe because its detecting it as something malicious (its a binder). The exe's just aernt appearing.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, that's one of the "great" new features of Vista, you as a user are under disability......Vista can decide what files are "unwanted" and deletes them, and you can do nothing against it. I don't know a hack to evade this, but I am sure there will be one sooner or later...(but I have to admit I am not too familiar with Vista yet, maybe one of the other users know a way already).

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

ive got a solution

delete vista

get XP

get a copy of styleXP and a serial and a windows vista theme

PLeXroD
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by PLeXroD »

hey i got vista ultimat and i aint got that problem... infact havent got any problems yet not a singel one im using vista ultimate like i used to use xp ... so maybe you forgot to deactivate it theres a lot of work to disable all those features...
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

Jontebullen
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Jontebullen »

what's the point of using Vista when you have to disable all the "security" features? What in Vista is better then XP?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Jontebullen wrote:what's the point of using Vista when you have to disable all the "security" features? What in Vista is better then XP?
DirectX 10 i guess

eventually all the programs made will be incompatible with XP, won't happen until Vista is the new "standard" though, won't happen in a FEW years anyway.

Can't come up with anything more :/

EDIT: The security is there for a reason, "common" users should not disable it.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Jontebullen
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Jontebullen »

i heard in some podcast that hardware manufacturers would have to buy licenses of they wanted their grapchiccards and memorys to work, is that true?
so if you bought a graphiccard and the manufacturer stopped paying (annually) your card wouldn't work anymore, and that sounds very weird to me 8O