command prompt help

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
xjosephx

command prompt help

Post by xjosephx »

ok i heard that it is possible to get in to someone elses computer through your command prompt. so i looked this up but i cant find anything about it now is this true that you can do that if it is someone please help me i been trying to figure this out for about a month help i am willing to learn

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

well command line isnt very specific, many or all operating systems have a command prompt, now if you talking about a win box or dos box you would want to lookup dos hacking at google or flyninja.net

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Try to google netbios hack :wink:

These day it is patch on nearly all computer but who knows... maybe your asking this because you have setup a small lab in your room and want to try it on your 2nd box...

Yeah... In my dream... :roll:
Last edited by Nerdz on 12 Apr 2007, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

xjosephx

Post by xjosephx »

well ive seen these netbios videos on how to do it but you cant do it to all ips and is there a program that get others peoples ip addresses

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

well.. if your a Windows user, you can go to the command prompt and type in

Code: Select all

netstat -n
to get IPs , and a Netbios is a networking protocol that allows legacy computer applications relying on the NetBIOS API to be used on modern TCP/IP networks. It mainly uses a lan type of connection, and most computers disallow these types of attacks now in these days. 8O
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

xjosephx

Post by xjosephx »

well since this code dosent work on many computer s is there another way to do it

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

What OS do you have then? If you want IPs there are mutiple ways into getting so. Here are the following ways to get an IP:

1. You can use the command

netstat -n
to get a list of Local and Foreigh addresses as well as there state there in.

2. You could set up a msn account, and send out an fake email requiring the user to reply back. Once you get the reply email, check the mail's heading. You can also set to show the heading from the beginning by configuring it to do so. Just go to Settings and check the box for Show Full Headings.

3.You could use web services to obtain IPs. You could make a fake page, hosted on some server (www.awardspace.com recommened) and make a .php page in which has some sort of a port scanner that would get the results and use the mail command to mail it to your user. This method is commonly use with "CHECK OUT THIS PIC!", people will veiw the page to veiw a picture you hosted, but they dont know what happens on the server side of the page. :wink:

4.You could always use Social Engineering, Social Engineering is the art of tricking a user into believeing your another person. You could make up a story about how your new server is getting attacked and its adding a bunch of IPs to your logs and you need to make sure its not just picking up random IM's IPs. So you would ask the user to veiw this site and tell you their IP address. http://www.whatsmyip.com. This method is probley the most useful and accurate method I use. :twisted:

There are a few more, but those are the basics.
I would like to note that method 1 works well when your doing a transfer session with AIM. That way , you could get a hop to there REAL IP. Otherwise, you would just get there EMAIL/IP client's IP.
Method 2 works, but sometimes you may just pick up an email client's IP as well.
Method 3 works perfectly, although, you would need some knownlege on php or some knowlege on how to use google! 8O
Method 4 is all based on trust. Can this user trust you with this highly senstive information? Believe it or not, most users dont know what an IP is! But this is all based on your Social Skillz. You can even trick a user into going to http://nmap-online.com/ and tricking them into nmaping there own selfs and sending you the results! :P

I hope one of these methods are useful for you, and if you can't use the netstat -n command what OS do you have?

xjosephx

Post by xjosephx »

win xp i know its sucks i hoping to get linux soon but thats what i have right now

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Windows XP don't suck that much... It allow people who don't have a lot of knowledge in computer to go around and surf the web easily :)

Maybe it's not the right OS for you, but it doesn't suck :wink:

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

I agree with nerdzoncrack, I have been using Windows all my life! I just gotten Linux and its a bit tough to configure, not as easy as Windows... :roll: but if you have Windows then everything I said above has to work, i wouldnt know why the

netstat -n
wouldnt work. , maybe your entering it wrong, or you are not on an admin account. but use the other ways to get IPs if that still doesnt work. :wink: and if you have pyhsical acess to your targets computer you can use a tool to veiw the passwords of msn , go to http://www.library.2ya.com/ for more info. but i wouldnt know any much of any msn spoofer you talk about, one these days would be really tight and seem almost impossible, but when it comes to computers, seems like nothing is impossible. (think about Windows great succesion! :P )

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hmmm...I'm not sure about this, but is netstat also working on XP home?
I always used XP pro, but I know that in home edition some commands/apps are missing. so maybe this is the reason, maybe a home edition user can verify this... :-k

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect

Post by Nerdz »

Nha it come with it... I think the only thing that don't ocme with the home windows CD is IIS and other network related stuff, but no executable from system32...

I might be wrong.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Nice app bad_brain, you gotta show me how to do that in C++. :wink:
And nerdzoncrack is right, I own Windows Home, and I use

netstat -n
all the time. Its probley he is doing somthing wrong, or maybe no admin? or some sort of werid trojan or virus. :roll:

xjosephx

Post by xjosephx »

well im doing that nbtstat -A to try to get into there computer but no matter what ip i type in it always says host not found and i am on the admin on my computer

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Well.... like we said before, it would be probley rare to find a computer that supports BIOS - like acess. The Net BIOS attack has probley been blocked by Microsoft just like the common teleneted ports 21 and 23. Try using nmap to scan the hosts for open ports, and learn how to use Metasploit to exploit your way into there systems. :twisted: and scan your network for any viruses or trojans because a virus or trojan can easily block open ports, or block traffic through a port, so your computer wont find that host available, because it cant send the right packets to ping it. :wink: