Post by floodhound2 »

My system:

- 3.0 GHz Intel Cell-D processor
- 1 GIG DDR PC3200 ram
- ATI 9600 Video Card 256DDR ram
- BIoStar P4M80 Main Board
- 250 Gig Hard drive ATA 7200 RPM
- Vista RC1 32 bit op system

Ok I have been running vista for a while now and I am sorry to say that I like it.
I found that I can fly around the op system; it is extremely organized and keeps me the same. Overall I give it thumbs up for people that have a pumped up system, otherwise don’t even bother. My system listed was rated a 3.2 on the Windows index. I could use some upgraded hardware to possibly increase the speed, but overall I am satisfied. If I was a speed junky “and I am” comparing it to XP Vista would loose the race by a car length. However what it lacks in speed it makes up for on other issues

-A little bit slower than XP on my system
-Glass like "windows" is nice for the graphical junky
-The famous pop ups are not so bad, great for noob users, shitty for pros.
- The Linux fedora look, using the desktop scrolling thing for numerous windows

Vista is great for new systems and well, ill keep posting my opinion on this beast for a bit.

Tell me what you want tested, or how your vista is running on your machine.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

My system got 4.0 and so far it is running pretty good. Testing what programs that works.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

well.... I have been thinking about getting Vista for a while, and then I heard of all the new exploits and stuff. And besides that fact, your box is like a Super Computer compared to my box! My 512mb RAM, 40 gig drive, and my Pentium 4 is nothing to your Super Computer. :wink: I would like to know how security is on Vista? And would my box run smoothly, or would I need a upgrade for it to run as well?
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Truthfully I can not speculate on the security of vista because security is not an issue or concern with me.

I can say that there seems to be more security measures in place. For example every time I install a program or download something off the internet a little translucent window ask me If this is something that I am aware of.

As far as your system running smoothly with vista, it looks like more Ram might be needed, other than that you’re hardware looks fine.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

lol. thanks. :lol: another question, does all Windows Xp applications work on Vista, or just some? :roll:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

So far everything has worked for me.

all the Xp drivers i used on XP work on vista.

It is backwards compatible and contains many useful drivers on install

*side note i am running Counter strike source (A video game) and getting packet loss or slower FPS. This is not something I cant take lightly so I have to switch to XP to play my online game. This can be due to my older hardware mixed with Vistas demanding nature.

*ill keep you posted
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

thanks for the info. and that suxs cause Counter Strike is a good game. :cry: One of the first games I played on xbox live, awesome game, but I hate the laggers and cheaters out there who just kill the game with all there bots and hacks and cheats! :evil: but thanks for the info, i might just get another upgraded box for Vista instead of spending money on this old junk. :wink:

sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by sternbildchen »

I don't use Vista because the NSA was involved in creating Vista. Even if it's just a rumor ... makes me kinda scared.

:wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

sternbildchen wrote:I don't use Vista because the NSA was involved in creating Vista. Even if it's just a rumor ... makes me kinda scared.

:wink:
it's not just a rumor:
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36814

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

ebrizzlez wrote:well.... I have been thinking about getting Vista for a while, and then I heard of all the new exploits and stuff. And besides that fact, your box is like a Super Computer compared to my box! My 512mb RAM, 40 gig drive, and my Pentium 4 is nothing to your Super Computer. :wink: I would like to know how security is on Vista? And would my box run smoothly, or would I need a upgrade for it to run as well?
lol my workstation specs
Pentium 4, 1.9 Ghz
256mb RaM
40GB HDD
Geforce 5200 fx (128mb)

This computing power much more than i can use, and i dont think i will even need to upgrade my RAM for the next 5 years...
All my friends have 3.2 gig processors and 2gigs of ram but they are pure gamers,
I dont need vista.. for my work all i need is a notepad or emacs...
i prefer using my CPU efficiently and testing it to limits, rather than buying unnecessary computing power.
For gaming i have a ps2 (will be buying ps3 soon with the money i saved from not upgrading my computer)

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Microsoft is not the only one to tap the spooks. Apple, with its Mac OSX operating system, and Novell with its SUSE Linux also asked the NSA what it thought of their products. The NSA is quite good at finding weapons of mass destruction that are not there.
LoL :lol:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
ebrizzlez wrote:well.... I have been thinking about getting Vista for a while, and then I heard of all the new exploits and stuff. And besides that fact, your box is like a Super Computer compared to my box! My 512mb RAM, 40 gig drive, and my Pentium 4 is nothing to your Super Computer. :wink: I would like to know how security is on Vista? And would my box run smoothly, or would I need a upgrade for it to run as well?
lol my workstation specs
Pentium 4, 1.9 Ghz
256mb RaM
40GB HDD
Geforce 5200 fx (128mb)

This computing power much more than i can use, and i dont think i will even need to upgrade my RAM for the next 5 years...
All my friends have 3.2 gig processors and 2gigs of ram but they are pure gamers,
I dont need vista.. for my work all i need is a notepad or emacs...
i prefer using my CPU efficiently and testing it to limits, rather than buying unnecessary computing power.
For gaming i have a ps2 (will be buying ps3 soon with the money i saved from not upgrading my computer)
lol. well... the ps3 is a good gaming system, i have one myself, but I actualyl need the RAM and space because I am a big gamer, so my computer isnt the best for gaming or anything I would like to do, so when I get a new computer, I might as well spend money on it so I can later on get Vista... I will just wait until three generations of Windows later so Vista would cost a good $100. :wink: jk.