How can YOU become a Hacker.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
jonnymac

Post by jonnymac »

I read your story, just wanted to say that I totally agree with you r hats theory. Anyone can say that they are going to use their skills for good things, but what happens when they get pissed off at some one and want to get them back??? "Well I can go get my dad's double barrel and spend life in prison or I can just steel everything in their life without them knowing." :D

luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

Post by luggyx »

This text is best I ever read about "How become hacker?" Thx

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Haha, I'm glad you liked it :)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

geatone

Post by geatone »

having trouble with the idea of focusing my range of study i mean if I go over what I'v read so far. Its all really general and yet it was still interesting hm :-k . nice article you hit some points a lot of people missed. hm mybe I'll study network security. idk great article tho .

brianisback
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by brianisback »

becoming a hacker is alot of knowledge you need like you always need to know C+++

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

brianisback wrote:becoming a hacker is alot of knowledge you need like you always need to know C+++
Not really
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

liquidmetal

Post by liquidmetal »

neo130 wrote:
brianisback wrote:becoming a hacker is alot of knowledge you need like you always need to know C+++
Not really
But its always really really helpful.

BluePass
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by BluePass »

Know your operating system inside out, which should usually be Linux. Know C because most exploits are written in C and you should code yours in C as well, since it gives you a lot more control over things than other programming languages (not including Assembly). Know how networks work up to the tiniest little details.

Spikey

Post by Spikey »

woooow thanks cool post!!! :D

Bo

Post by Bo »

Yeah cheers for this, most forums ignore the new guy, but this is really helpful, i mean ive been downloading things left right and center but yeah this really helps with getting me going. Your a top geezer, thanks again.

rulez4trade

Post by rulez4trade »

well i recently been promotin a e-book...
hackers black book...
http://rapidshare.com/files/54455619/Se ... Hacker.rar

enjoy..!!!

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

how to be a hacker part deux

Post by DNR »

that was a decent post nerdz, I am glad someone can be long winded like me :wink: Better yet, the replies were pretty cool too, nice to meet the neos here.. :)

Of course there is always something to add or a point missed, so I will try to cover a few more things about how to be a hacker topic.

In a way, hacking is not something you choose, but it is just who you are.
Code is boring, managing servers is only marginally satisfying. Helping dolts with their computer/electronics problem is something we could do without.

But we are good at it. Some of us get paid to do this 'hacking'. Network administrators, network techs, help desk, coders, and even just plain webmasters.
Some of us exploit the hacking ability into other areas, you could be a investigator, a crime lab tech, or plain joe that is just good at his job. You could also be a criminal, using your ability to social engineer or break security systems to steal.
Hacking means you have a mindset that allows you to multitask, to think outside the box, to take apart what-if's. Hacking has grown beyond just knowing how to read C+, how to administer a Win2k or Apache server, and install patches. The title hacker should only be given to those that 'live' hacking. Its not that you can sit at a computer console for 16 hours, but that you enjoy it. What separates some of us from those 'paper-mcse's' is hacking is a part of who we are, its not a 9 to 5 job that we chose because the pay is good and work is steady. :?

I call suck-o home away from home. I got friends here, even though I have never shaken their hands, they are welcome to visit my home anytime. Suck-o forums can be on/off, and to a admin, the forums can really suck - bad. Good people are far and few - so I am happy and greatful for the good ones that stay. The point is, I am not here for the forums, I could find more active ones else where. I am here because there are more than a few like minded 'hackers' that I can call friend.

ah well, I am going blind writing this post, maybe more later.. Just enough to keep a decent thread alive..

DNR
Comfort care only
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

8O

Code: Select all

Code is boring
people who think like that
will never be hackers

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

I think you missed the point... :wink:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

rant basic 101

Post by DNR »

ok, something was lost in translation :?

B_B was right, I need to use more emoicons. :P

1. when I said code was boring, I was being sarcastic, as to the typical person - they would not want to sit 16hrs at a console, looking at code or writing a new app. You only have to read my previous posts on suck-o to get my background, and realize that I am a hacker :wink:

2. Rants are non-technical and mostly opinions. When nerdz or circuit, b_b, or I write a rant, always expect to hold your fingers in check - rants can be emotional, confrontational, and even sometimes written in anger. Rants are usually understandable between friends, they can understand you best when you start slurring your words. :lol:

3. one liner responses are even more confusing, readers are expected to pick up on your emotion and exact meaning in one sentence - that is even more risky than a drunk and tired rant.
So please, be long winded when you type - its not being uppity and proper, but just making sure we 'feel' you. :wink:

ya feel me brother and sisters?

DNR