Programming languages

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
kstormtrooper

Programming languages

Post by kstormtrooper »

Hi guys,

I would like to learn some programming languages and I was just wondering if the more experienced members of this site could point me in the right direction of how to go about this (i.e which laguage would be most useful to a n00b like me and some good tutorials/ ebooks I could download and what interfaces I would need for this purpose). Also some html tutorials would be nice> :wink:

Thanx in advance for any help you can give me. :)

Ameradi
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Ameradi »

http://www.w3.org
for all your html-needs...
Posted by bad_brain .

For Html ...
http://www.w3.org
here is what you are looking for kstormtrooper .. and welcome to Suck-O dude ! The Task Force looks forward to teaching ya and learning from ya! Welcome again!

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

html is not really a programming language... I suggest starting with visual basic
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

ramnarayan
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by ramnarayan »

Or if you are willing to spend a little time, go ahead and learn C/C++.

Especially C. Although a little tough for beginners, it will always come handy!

Enjoy learning. Welcome to the forum that broke the mould! :)

kstormtrooper

Post by kstormtrooper »

thanx;)

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

just like nerdzoncrack id advise visual basic (6) before learning vb i tried other programming languages but it was very difficult, untill i tried vb get vb 6 and a good book and i'm sure youll be programming very soon 8)
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Python

Post by maboroshi »

Python All the way lol

Decipher
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Decipher »

Mostly all programming languages run of the same ideas, looping, arrays, if statements, outputing, getting, etc all program mainly have these ideas, just different commands, start at a 3rd level programming language, which is anything that compiles data into object code which compiles into machine langauge or byte code. python, java, c, c++, visual and more, i started with turing which is a very very basic language that you can do many programs in and by learning this language it paved the next few languages on they way. For any program you need a editor and a compiler, possibly a library. if your gonna start with java use jcreator. visual basic studio has most platforms for languages, personally i dont like visual, but it is easy all you gotta do is create an interface, and program the code for it. People argue that java is useless, c++ all the way, but java is gonna be a big thing for the future, its worth learning trust me.. take care
Decipher

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

i do agree with Decipher. start with something simple, but basic and vb are not the best languages in the world. start w/ them, then the more lingos you learn the easier it is to learn more, java is worth knowing, c++ and python are awesome. for some fun twists you can learn more complicated and not widely used lanuages, here is a huge directory full of them http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/ ... l?_alpha=a. some are not very good.

also, if youre into web development try html, php and perl