a problem!

Problems? Post here...
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

a problem!

Post by alien100 »

this has been happening for a while now, my router login password keeps changing so i have to keep reseting the router?
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Re: a problem!

Post by ebrizzlez »

alien100 wrote:this has been happening for a while now, my router login password keeps changing so i have to keep reseting the router?
hmmmm... Would you know if anyone else has local acess? They maybe another user who trys to acess the network, then change the password to get all the bandwhich to himself... :lol: Try to encrpyt it with WEP/WPA and heavy time. Make it a lonnnnggggggg password, if not, contact your local vender for details. Maybe a bug as well. :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

alien100 wrote:this has been happening for a while now, my router login password keeps changing so i have to keep reseting the router?
ive had this problem before. when the router resets itself does the password change back to default settings along with the timezone etc?

if so then mine was down to 2 computers conflicting on the network :wink:

alien100

Post by alien100 »

ebrizzlez wrote:
hmmmm... Would you know if anyone else has local acess? They maybe another user who trys to acess the network, then change the password to get all the bandwhich to himself... :lol: Try to encrpyt it with WEP/WPA and heavy time. Make it a lonnnnggggggg password, if not, contact your local vender for details. Maybe a bug as well. :wink:
man no one can get through my network, i have totally secured it!!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, checked if there is a battery like on mainboards? if there is one and it's empty the pass would change to the default one every time you turn the power off.... :-k

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

alien100 wrote:
ebrizzlez wrote:
man no one can get through my network, i have totally secured it!!
I am not a security expert, but I assure you that someone can get on your network if they so shall please. Intrusion of a system, to my best understanding, is practically only a matter of time. I wouldn't even feel stupid in saying that when a very secure system is penetrated, that they have a less chance of noticing because they would not be expecting it. Where as a mid-secured system would be more likely to, because they are expecting it and therefore are consistantly looking. Or I could be totally wrong. Meh.

alien100

Post by alien100 »

its fixed it was a router problem,
ps i have secured my network to the max , it would be extremely hard for someone to try to get in 8)

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

alien100 wrote:its fixed it was a router problem,
ps i have secured my network to the max , it would be extremely hard for someone to try to get in 8)
Hard sure. impossbile though?