Can we upload stuff?

Sep. 19 2005 - Dec. 14 2007
ramnarayan
forum buddy
forum buddy

Can we upload stuff?

Post by ramnarayan »

Hey,

I was wondering if members can upload/ submit for uploading tutorials, e-books which might be helpful for others? For ex. I have a couple of books Perl for beginners and perl reference which might come in handy for others.

Is this possible?

Brain?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

it´s not possible at the moment, but it´s planned. the problem is that this would demand a public ftp-access for everybody which would bring security risks, so the place to upload stuff can´t be located on the site. and of course the place would need to be moderated to avoid abuse, just imagine someone would upload infected files.
as you see it´s not that easy, but we´ll think about it and are open to suggestions.... :)

ramnarayan
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by ramnarayan »

How about for the time being, we upload it on a file sharing site (filefront.com, rapidshare.de, megaupload.com, etc.) ? Then we can either post the links, or if you want to, you can download the file and then up it on suck-o like you do for the other files?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, sounds pretty good! :) the staff could transfer the files then to the site, because for me it´s very important that all downloads work properly, there´s nothing more annoying to a visitor than to find a sweet file, click on the link and get a 404 error...that´s why all files have to be stored on the site...
give me a little time, I have to do my exams this week first, then we get things going... :)

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

im all ears for that plan

ramnarayan
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by ramnarayan »

Ok. Cool! I'll do some research and find a site which will keep the file online for a long time. (Some of them remove the file incase there isn't much traffic).