Identification of XP buggs

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Identification of XP buggs

Post by ayu »

So... i sat here thinking...about weird buggs in different versions of Windows XP that i have encountered, and i would like to see if anyone else has encountered them OR any other funny or just annoying buggs.

1: In some versions of XP Proffesional (SP1 i believe) there is an annoying bug when you install XP, at the point where you choose your username, it doesn't matter what you enter the first time, because it says "Your username has to be at least 20 characters long", after this message you can use anything under 20 characters BUT not the one you tried first.

2: In just about all the versions of XP that i have used, the search function in Start -> search, stops working when you need it at most, as in it just doesn't start. You can use it through a folder though and press search then modify the places to search in.

3: In some versions of XP this happens, and it's kind of scary. When you are about to empty the trashcan and the "yes/no" box appears to ask you if you are sure that you want to empty it you click yes then fast as hell you click outside the box right before it dissapears. And the trashcan appears as not empty, but if you open it, it is empty, and if you try to empty it, it asks you the following: "Do you want to delete WINDOWS?"

Well...these are the funny insects i have so far ^^ if anyone has anything else worth poting then don't hesitate!
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

Well before i would always try to figure out why windows does smth particular but then i quit and decided that the reboot button is the key.
I dont know if you call it a bug or whatever but this is the thing that pisses me off:

I got couple a windows open maybe one or two programs. Nothing is frozen, everything nice and chill. And i decide to turn off the computer. I click turn off and nothing happens for like a minute and then that stupid window pops up that says "Would you like to end this process with a bar underneath." This will pretty much happen for every program i have opened at that point.
So you have to sit there and click yes everytime.

Is it that hard to fucken turn off a computer!!!!! just turn it off you stupid windows, i dont wana save anything, i don't care about the rest of the users that are logged it!!!! Therefore i just blast the full with the button. THat why probably i get my bad sectors from.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I had similar problems as well. My windows just would not shut down. I had to reboot and than shut it down.

I do not use windows any more. I am quite happy with linux.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal