Backup Solutions.

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Backup Solutions.

Post by Big-E »

Hey, I am looking for some backup solution to impliment here at work. I want to set it up on a server, and have 30-40 different nodes update every other day, systematically. What would be the best solution to impliment?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, depends, what exactly do you want to backup? files/directories, websites or databases, or even partitions? and on what OS will the server/clients run? (prays for "Linux" as answer :lol: )

I use sitecopy for example and a shellscript for database backups...but well, to pick the best option I need more info... :wink:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

bad_brain wrote:hm, depends, what exactly do you want to backup? files/directories, websites or databases, or even partitions? and on what OS will the server/clients run? (prays for "Linux" as answer :lol: )

I use sitecopy for example and a shellscript for database backups...but well, to pick the best option I need more info... :wink:
Hey, all the nodes are Windows Based, most are XP..two are Vista (I am switching them to XP whenever I feel not lazy some day) and my machine here is the only one running linux. The primary back up will be files, but there will be three databases also backed up. One is Access and two are MySQL. I am thinking about using a program called Bacula to do the back ups.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ah,ok...well, I think Bacula is a very good choice then..... :wink: