Change your i.p in 30 seconds (Window Users)

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
FatallyHIGH

Post by FatallyHIGH »

well then how the heck do you change your external ip address if you dn't mind me asking

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

FatallyHIGH wrote:well then how the heck do you change your external ip address if you dn't mind me asking
in command prompt:

Code: Select all

ipconfig
of course this will only display the IP given by the ISP, if you are using a proxy service like Tor and you want to make sure your real IP is not dsiplayed you will have to check it with an external resource...like http://www.whatismyip.com for example...

:wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

If the question is "how do I hide from my ISP assigned IP?"

Open your eyes to wardriving. Wardriving is the easiest way to obtain a working two-way connection on the internet. If every IP to the internet is registered to an ISP, and then to individual customers, you want to find customers that have no/weak security - so you can use their IP.
You can use internet cafes, libraries, and school computer labs - but you'll find lots of cameras.

With a laptop you can drive around and find a open wifi connection. Condominiums, apartment buildings, hotels, and even businesses. Get a hi-gain antenna, and you can sit off in the dark.

This sure beats the old days of alligatorclips, modems, and telco closets.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.