recommend some PC games?

About your favorite games!
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

recommend some PC games?

Post by Swan »

Well as the title says, I want to download some more PC games, bit stuck and would really appreicate some inspiration. I dont like racing games, or sports games, apart from that please suggest away :)

BluePass
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by BluePass »

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (came out recently)
Rainbow Six: Vegas

For now these are the non racing games on my list. I also play Flight Simulator X. I've always been into aviation and one day I'm hoping to get a Private Pilot's license.

I've only got to play GR:AW and a short multiplayer R6:V mission on my buddy's XBox 360. GR:AW though is a very good game, with the exception of some problems with the AI -- they tend to be very stupid. GR:AW2 should solve that AI problem, though.

GR:AW2 is going to be in a way a continuation of GR:AW, so I'd say you go for GR:AW first if you haven't played it yet. The game takes place in Mexico over the course of 48 hours. You're there to pick up an informant that is captured by the enemy forces, while there's a meeting of the North American presidents and prime minister taking place. In the meantime there's an enemy assault on the place and the twists start. The missions are nice and long (1hr+) and the game is based entirely on cover and tactically leading your team mates to accomplish objectives. If you can't stay behind cover, you're probably going to get killed a lot. It's not like CS. :lol:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Could you provide a list of games you do have?

If you're looking for online playability I'd suggest these games*:
-Counter-Strike: Source (still going strong for 4 years)
-Day of Defeat: Source (kind of like CS:S, but it's World War II era)
-Battlefield 2 (focuses on team-play more than run-and-gun [read CS:S])
-Unreal Tournament 2004 (Run-and-gun frag-fest; some maps have vehicles)
-Call of Duty 2 (one of the more realistic WWII era games; more mature online community)

For single player games I'd go with these (assuming your computer can run it):

-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Half-Life 2 (your computer should be able to run it. Valve spent the better part of 4 years developing the Source graphics engine so it is very scalable).
-Hitman - Codename 47
-Hitman Silent Assassin
-Hitman Contracts
-Hitman Blood Money (while I haven't played Blood Money I have played the other three and with the quality of game presented in the previous three I'm willing to go out on a limb and bet BM is just as good)

Note: * - It would be wise to buy the games I mentioned for multiplayer (regardless if it's pre-played or brand new).

Half-Life 2 GOTY Edition should not be much and it should come bundled with CS:S, either Day of Defeat or Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life: Source.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, missing some spaceship games, so:
- Darkstar One
- Freelancer (still the best of this genre imo)

:)

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

hey Stavros I did not know your a big hitman fan dude nice hey Stavros how did you kill the meatking :lol:

BluePass
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by BluePass »

Damn! I totally forgot about Hitman Blood Money. That was something I wanted to play once I got the new video card. Thanks for reminding me. Now I have a long query of games in the ToPlay list. :(

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I love strategy games so I recomend:
1. Rise of Nations
2. Act of War
3. Age of Empires
4. Setlers
5. Civilization IV
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

sternbildchen
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by sternbildchen »

bad_brain wrote:hm, missing some spaceship games, so:
- Darkstar One
- Freelancer (still the best of this genre imo)

:)
I played the Star Trek Mod of Freelancer for ages when I was 13 or 14. ^^

Very cool game!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Play Zero Wing on a megadrive emulator! ...kicks ass ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Shamir

Simple. I went into the kitchen and talked to the chef and he told me the meatking was hungry. (Now I'm sure you know the guard will check you for weapons so in the beginning you should have dropped the ballers and your only detectable weapon should be the meathook.) Now hide the meathook in the turkey and pick up the turkey. Now head through the party and to a staircase that leads up to Sturrock's loft. The guard should not find any weapons on you. Go into Sturrock's room and close the blinds (there's a button on the wall in front of his bed. The two ladies should leave. Now, you can either pull out the meathook and then give Sturrock the turkey or if you figured out where the silenced baller is [if you killed his lawyer first] and kill him with a silenced shot to the temple or you can bash his head in with a meathook depending on which weapon you put in the turkey.

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

lol nice starvos anyway I killed the meatking 3 times one of them by mass murder anyway did you hear hitman 5 is coming out in 2009 I think hm? :lol:

BluePass
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by BluePass »

Damn, it's taking them a while. It better allow you to do anything in there. 3 years for a sequel is too much, in my opinion. Most other (good) games can make it in 1-2 years at most.