does anyone know how I can create my own programming languag

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

does anyone know how I can create my own programming languag

Post by shamir »

does anyone know how I can create my own programming language
:lol:

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

asm and a LOT of work :lol:
[img]http://www.slackware.com/~msimons/slackware/grfx/shared/greymtlSW.jpg[/img]

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

why do you want to do that? are you not happy with current set of programming languages, i really dont think anyone CAN create one just for fun or learning, you need a very strong reason, resources, knowledge etc

Go through the complete reference documents of instruction sets of all processors, and are you upto the point you can consider yourself as the best programmer in the world? Coz languages are created by team of hundreds of people, its not a little science project, it takes years of hardwork and testing to make one.

If you know what binary hash tables, memory paging, operating system kernel etc in and out, then MAYBE you can think of making one.

you may have certain softwares which allow you to make your own programming languages, some of you would know some links, but that gives me a good laugh...

RNA
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by RNA »

pseudo_opcode wrote:why do you want to do that? are you not happy with current set of programming languages, i really dont think anyone CAN create one just for fun or learning, you need a very strong reason, resources, knowledge etc

Go through the complete reference documents of instruction sets of all processors, and are you upto the point you can consider yourself as the best programmer in the world? Coz languages are created by team of hundreds of people, its not a little science project, it takes years of hardwork and testing to make one.

If you know what binary hash tables, memory paging, operating system kernel etc in and out, then MAYBE you can think of making one.

you may have certain softwares which allow you to make your own programming languages, some of you would know some links, but that gives me a good laugh...
I think its more a "I've done this" this writing a brainfuck interpreter in brainfuck.
First you need to standardize the syntax, on paper.
Then you simply write a program in any language you know that parses the syntax :)

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

i dont really think we can call it a programming language then..
it'll be more of a library, or a parser, that'll be something similar to java guys, they convert all the java code to byte codes and pass it to the runtime environment, which finally interprets it, maybe we can call it a programming language.. but what good will it do? make things simpler?

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

maybe we can call it a programming language.. but what good will it do? make things simpler
pseudo...what about Windows and all the different versions created? What about the updates and new compilers for the different programming languages?

It seems at least imo, that programming is all about finding problems, and solving them....so anything that does that and faster/easier/less prone to bugs is a worthwhile idea...

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

well programming is not exactly solving problems, you may solve various problems by programming but that's not all it does

programming is more about telling computer what to do and how to do it

so what you're doing is, is first telling compiler how to parse the code, then the code is first parsed by compiler and then converted into machine language, now that's not really what we want, there are 2 levels of abstraction, the one is original programming language where compiler compiles all the code and second is your programming language. the greater the levels of abstraction, the more vulnerable your code is, not saying you cant make it secure but its bound to happen.

you may be able to do a lot, but you still cant do everything, if you could then dont you think companies like microsoft would like to make stuff look easy?(a close example is VB)

but again, why do system software uses inline assembly? can you write a device driver completely in high level language?(including the libraries you use are also in hll)

no you cant.

Still yeah it will make things easy, but i would not really run after easy stuff, i would just like to get the job done the most appropriate way.

Still if Shamir got something awesome, i'd say go for it!! he'll be next bill gates..

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

thank you pseudo_opcode
you pseudo_opcode are the next Steve Jobs

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

shamir wrote:thank you pseudo_opcode
you pseudo_opcode are the next Steve Jobs
Thank you, but i'd prefer to be myself than someone else. :D

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

yourwelcome=pseudo_opcode
I to wanna be myself :lol:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Pseudo I love your answers to all the post contained on this topic here. I agree with you on this one 100 percent, it is a silly question to ask unless you have read the data sheets for say a Pentium4. I can laugh because I remember a few months back I wanted to and I attempted to manufacture a PC motherboard. I found my self getting in shit deep quickly after reading the first 600 pages.

It is truly possible but truly not easy.
:wink:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

its always good to ask questions :lol:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

floodhound, you attempted to manufacture a mobo while not very long ago i wanted to create my own OS, but then my life's a shit, i m always running out of time..

regarding the posts, they say it takes one to know one :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

pseudo_opcode wrote:floodhound, you attempted to manufacture a mobo while not very long ago i wanted to create my own OS, but then my life's a shit, i m always running out of time..

regarding the posts, they say it takes one to know one :wink:
Lmao I often catch myself saying ill do this and ill do that. Next thing I know my cup is overflowing with ideas and projects.

I mean well I guess.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

I just wanted to make a programing language that would help others :lol: