Antivirus troubles

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
xxxballer2352
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Antivirus troubles

Post by xxxballer2352 »

well i use norton antivirus and every thing that i download having to do with hacking is always automatically deleted or quarantined so i have no use for it... What is the problem?...This will sound very noobish but i have no clue what I'm doing

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well if norton sees it as malicious, virus, tool or whatever, it deletes it since it may harm your computer. To make it stop you can turn of the anti virus, although i don't know if you can do that with the newer versions. I sugest that you use Kaspersky, since you can provide a password for it and easily turn it of, and prevent malicious programs from turning it of when infecting =]
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

xxxballer2352
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by xxxballer2352 »

cool thanks man

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, the last version I used was 2005....you can exclude some apps from a scan (like nmap), disabling the option to scan for "hacking tools" in the scan settings didn't worked for me....so you will have to exclude every single one by hand. but some files can't even be excluded, they are deleted without giving you a chance.

I really recommend to get rid of Norton and switch to Kaspersky....my box is A LOT faster than before, you can exclude ANY file you want from being deleted and the firewall is really sweet.....usually I am a friend of "free" software, but for Kaspersky I even payed the 30 Euro because it's worth it.

xxxballer2352
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by xxxballer2352 »

i know your in germany but do you know any popular retail stores that would have it?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I got mine from amazon...but any bigger electronics market should have it too.... :wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Do not use any AV. I know some people who do not have it and say they never have any problems.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lyecdevf wrote:Do not use any AV. I know some people who do not have it and say they never have any problems.
If you even once got a killer trojan you would regret that ^^ i stoped using AV for a while, but got a trojan that was totaly killer. Started to use kaspersky after b_b told me that it was great ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

xxxballer2352
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by xxxballer2352 »

I am not taking that chance with this computer lol.. Even if I do get a virus I don't have the smarts to overcome it and I would definitely regret that

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Well if you leave the virus alone it should not be a problem. I know some really experienced hackers who use only a good firewall and no AV.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

get something that doesent use so much resources try avg
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]