university programming

...let us know what you think, free speech!
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

university programming

Post by alien100 »

what school subjects are required in order to do programming?
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

p99

Post by p99 »

Possibly computer science but I doubt anything else. I just learn programming myself. IT's easier that way.

alien100

Post by alien100 »

p99 wrote:Possibly computer science but I doubt anything else. I just learn programming myself. IT's easier that way.
i wana get my degree though when i finish school
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

p99

Post by p99 »

Well my advice is to learn as much programming as you can now and pwn the course when you go in. I don't really know if there are programming degrees. I took a vb.net class last year and it was so easy for me I learned more c++ than vb.net and was still #1 in the class.

See we'd get a project and i'd finish it really fast (because is "make a button that displays a list from a database <our final project btw> " that hard? No especially with something that does 99.999999999% of the work for you.

I devote all my spare time at school to programming. In the morning when I wake up and get to school I go to a computer and code untill school bell rings. Then I skip lunch and code. Then I try to get out of classes to code [Yes i'm that lame sometimes]. Code code code code code code CODE!!!
I won't ever take a college course on programming when it is so easy to just learn it yourself. I put the languages I know and how much of it I do know on my resume. You can take college courses but at least try to challenge the intro courses and get to the lvl 2 class. I mean you'll save so much money it's not funny.

Check into local colleges and look for programming courses. I checked mine local community college and all they had was intro to vb.net. The class I just took in 11th grade! I was like wtf? Anyways i'm going into the networking field and don't have the recourses to really learn much more. I mean I can read books and know things by theory but that really doesn't help as much as knowing the hands on stuff.

So get your paws dirty and code until you blister. My first encoding program I made took me 10 hours of sitting in front of a computer. I never got up to eat nor to piss. I just coded until it nearly killed me [I would have still coded in death until I finished the damn program!].
Needless to say I didn't use my computer for two days after that.

Just master you language of preference before college if you can. The just challenge the course.

Good luck on finding some course to take. Google will find online courses you can take.

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

just get a GED then just go to a community college then get your computer science CD :D

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »