IP.... now what?!!?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
F4LSE
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

IP.... now what?!!?

Post by F4LSE »

so like the subject says. I get an IP of a site or target, now what do i do with it? I have backtrack but am not sure how to use all the tools on it. any help with either would be sweet!!

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

ip doesn't really give you anything...

for web sites i guess you look for vulnerabilities in the code... unless you are attacking the server.

If you attacking a box you scan for open ports and read about ways to exploit them.

I have never used backtrack. But i just googled "backtrack tutorial" and a lot of tuts and videos came up.
good luck and don't get in trouble.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

visser

Post by visser »

ha ha dont get in trouble. ha ha

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I wonder how many times this question has been asked... ^^

Losing_grip

Post by Losing_grip »

Im also into metasploit , so try this tutorial too

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/29/24/

=]

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

yeah sorry its been asked a few times but i was just tryin to see if anyone had any new info maybe. but thanx guyz ill do some more work

p99

Post by p99 »

It's ok you don't need to apologize. We've probably all asked that question before. And quite honestly it's not as easy as people lead it on to be. Getting an ip is the first thing to accomplish. It establishes a set target. But actually gaining any heigtened access takes a lot more.

I've been learning at a moderate pace for like 2 years. I don't focus on cracking really or I'd be smarter at this sort of thing. But The first step is definatly learning everything you can about your target. Read about the OS, the services it runs on ports and there versions. As well as looking for the simple exploits on any type of web page that is being run.

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

isapiens wrote:ip doesn't really give you anything...

for web sites i guess you look for vulnerabilities in the code... unless you are attacking the server.
if you are attacking a webserver you still
look for vulnerabilities in the code such as
apache's buffer overflow

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

In a virtual simulation hacking game like slavehack all you really need is the persons IP and you can hack that person. In real life though hacking into someones computer is a bit more difficult.

A lot of people, organizations,...use routers and most routers these days have a harware firewall integrated already. So you first have to hack the hardware firewall and I have not found so far any instrucions on how to do that. Although I have not looked very hard for them. Than you have another software firewall to deal with. It may not seem a lot but for some one who does not have previous computer knowledge even the simplest of things are difficult to do. Do not expect smoth sailng.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal