Firewall?!?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
F4LSE
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Firewall?!?

Post by F4LSE »

So i was curious what firewall everyone is using on there comp. ? Im using zone alarm security suite. Its very trust worthy when it comes to just surfing the web. but do post what firewall ur rolin with, id be kinda cool to know.
/

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

well they make my laptop too slow...
after a while they continue to insist that one of the programs that i use on daily basis is a virus...
after a while they crash everything...

So far kaspersky internet security (or smth like that) was the best.

Norton is a useless piece of shit,

Zone alarm just keeps asking you whether to block shit or not, and the answer is pretty much no all the time except like 1 in a thousand and thats when you accidentally automatically click no and get yourself fucked over.

I also had a great trouble uninstalling Norton and zone alarm, they hate each other and they hate themselves. Updating would always go wrong, reinstallation would require registry editing...

Therefore i decided not to use a firewall and back up my shit more often. I do run spyware and antivirus from time to time.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Macross

Post by Macross »

I use windows firewall and Nod32 antivirus.

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

I usally use a mid version of zone not the newist and I turn all the extra crap off like virus spy im etc and yes untill it knows your system it talks to much. then it most often shuts up if configuerd right and yes if you leave all there crap running takes way to many resources. but I am runnin it on a pent II 366 lmao wit xp evan more funny. I always turn off windows firewall and my preferance is I hate firewalls that are quite you dont know what the hell those sneaky basterds are doing.
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I'm still in love with Kaspersky.... :mrgreen: ok, it's not free, but imo it's one of the few apps that is worth to pay for. the firewall is well configurable (might be a little too much for total beginners).
windows firewall is a joke, and I bet my ass that uncle Bill left some backdoors for his company in there.

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

{ bet my ass that uncle Bill left some backdoors for his company in there}

Uncle Billy always leaves doors for himself and companies that he likes and that pay his asss lmao KILL BILL hes evil

I have neverd paid for any of his or anyone elses software Live free BABY Because AMERICA SURE as hell is not lmao
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

bad_brain wrote:I'm still in love with Kaspersky.... :mrgreen: ok, it's not free, but imo it's one of the few apps that is worth to pay for. the firewall is well configurable (might be a little too much for total beginners).
windows firewall is a joke, and I bet my ass that uncle Bill left some backdoors for his company in there.

cool stuff maybe ill give kaspersky a try. what do u mean when u say "I bet my ass that uncle Bill left some backdoors for his company in there"?????

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

He's referring to Mr. Willy Gates. Of Mircoshaft (I mean Microsoft; or do I? ). :)

As in there's a secret way to bypass the firewall that only a few people know about (hence it being secret).

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

i use zone alarm :lol: and i like it
i never have any problems

*touch wood* :lol:

zero963

Post by zero963 »

i personally iam a sucker for trojan hunter and spysweeper.
i dont think with all the memory thats used up in the process makes a firewall a good idea.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

zero963 wrote: i dont think with all the memory thats used up in the process makes a firewall a good idea.
right, but there are huge differences in the memory usage of desktop firewalls. I used Norton for a long time (shame on me), and since I use Kaspersky my box is about 20% faster than before. I tried a lot of AV/firewall combinations like Panda (good AV scan engine but awful resource hog), and at the end Kaspersky was the winner for me (version 6, the new version 7 seems already pretty bloated).

but well, the best is a hardware firewall running Linux, but setting it up might be too much for a beginner.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

If we are talking striclly about firewalls than blackice would be the one I would recomend. :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal