Perfect virus

Questions about programming languages and debugging
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Perfect virus

Post by Swan »

Ok....so this is not meant as bullshit, but trying to be philosphical about it. If in biology, cancer and the like can emulate the bodies own defences and steadily evolve, why not the same of viruses?

The perfect virus in my mind would cause maximum destruction to the computer, (just to make clear not social engineering my own lol)

What Im thinking is, if we could perhaps list any, every and all potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities of a virus, i.e. how does a firewall work, how does the AV work etc so as to identify and circumvent these defences.

You guys know me, not that uber l33t but heres my rough ideas:

the ideal virus would either be totally undetectable, or if it were to be detected would effectively self-destruct upon detection, a Kamikaze if you like.

It would be disguised as some necessary computer function so that in the event of suspicion any suspicion would be allayed.

It causes whatever the harmful effect is...but here is my point, even upon its "safe" removal, it would operate some final process so as to cause harm for revenge for its removal, or that it threatens/blackmails another process, so removing it will cause harm to some other key process.

As I said..purely theoretical

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

ofcourse its possible,

but u forgot 1 aspect. Viruses in RL mutate everytime.

so the computer virus should have AI to adapt to its current situation to be "the ultimate viri"

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

I like your idea, I wanted to write a paper about the ultimate virus long time ago but never had the time. Thanks for pushing me in to do it. I'll try to do it tomorrow :)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

also the perfect virus would have to have
some good stealth methods and very unique
spreading method like blaster also a very
nice payload :)

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

stealth mode: it should hide in the memory of a laser mouse :) on click its installed :D
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

n3rd wrote:stealth mode: it should hide in the memory of a laser mouse :) on click its installed :D

i mean stealth after its installed like
the old viruses but thats a good idea if
it would work :)

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

I have created the perfect virus, its undetectable, I have tested it in Norton kaspersky and other antivirus online programs I tested almost on 10 programs it was undetectable, I coded this virus my self. :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

shamir wrote:I have created the perfect virus, its undetectable, I have tested it in Norton kaspersky and other antivirus online programs I tested almost on 10 programs it was undetectable, I coded this virus my self. :)
Well...it would have to be detected by a human and added to a signature list before it would be detected =P
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

neo130 wrote:
shamir wrote:I have created the perfect virus, its undetectable, I have tested it in Norton kaspersky and other antivirus online programs I tested almost on 10 programs it was undetectable, I coded this virus my self. :)
Well...it would have to be detected by a human and added to a signature list before it would be detected =P
what the heck you talking about I tested it on a anitvirus program, not a human. :twisted:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

My idea of a perfect virus

Like a virus in real live I say to hell with stealth. Your body knows when it is under attack, so should computers AV. AV software should know the virus is onboard and thus begin the fight.

True a virus should spread attacking specific file/s, but caution should be considered. Ill explain:

Antivirus software will try to defend the spread and destruction, but ideally the virus would mutate and attack again i.e. becoming stronger by avoiding it own destruction.

If you were to code a virus and AV defeats it then the virus was not fit to strive in the digital realm – a failure.

If a particular virus is coded and is superior to the AV, thus completely destroying the computer. Then it too will be destroyed again a failure. This would mean that the virus should do destruction, but limited to a tolerable degree. You would have to code somewhere in the middle, because a virus can not live if there is no host.

Perhaps after several years of agonizing unnecessary clock cycles, spreading, and mutating the virus could celebrate by destroying the host computer? Particularly after the virus has infected several thousand/s of other host computers either directly or indirectly related to the original host…

…Then a super virus is born.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

what the heck you talking about I tested it on a anitvirus program, not a human. :twisted:

Shamir, how do you think anti virus can detect virus?

It's detected by the ones developing it "humans", and then added to a list of signatures, if that signature is detected in a file then it's "detected"

well...at least thats the basic idea of it =/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

how does your virus spread and wot
language is it coded in ?? :) also
wot payload does it have

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

neo130 I scanned it on about 12 antivirus programs it said nothing was found. 8)

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

shamir wrote:neo130 I scanned it on about 12 antivirus programs it said nothing was found. 8)
shamir a human need's to find your
virus give it to the av company then
the av will find your virus

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

bubzuru wrote:
shamir wrote:neo130 I scanned it on about 12 antivirus programs it said nothing was found. 8)
shamir a human need's to find your
virus give it to the av company then
the av will find your virus
for the last time I did not send it to a human, the virus I scanned it on a antivirus program. :wink: