www.milw0rm.com--Rooting SQL Server via SQL Injection??

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
seneye
forum buddy
forum buddy

www.milw0rm.com--Rooting SQL Server via SQL Injection??

Post by seneye »

I just watch the video for that...

http://www.milw0rm.com/#

Is it showing how to get into someone else computers if they have a website?

I get that.. what he did was something like this... He made a Username and pass or something and just logged in using Remote Desktop...

So If i am right? He is now into the other person computers.. where he can do what ever he wanted? can the other person see if your doing something on their monitor?

Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Losing_grip »

I guess you watch too much matrix buddy , its not easy as clicking button and then "Access Granted" window will pop up... yeah u can see what their doing and whatsoever file there... steal etc using some rats...

Google more :)

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Re: www.milw0rm.com--Rooting SQL Server via SQL Injection??

Post by bubzuru »

seneye wrote:I just watch the video for that...

http://www.milw0rm.com/#

Is it showing how to get into someone else computers if they have a website?

I get that.. what he did was something like this... He made a Username and pass or something and just logged in using Remote Desktop...

So If i am right? He is now into the other person computers.. where he can do what ever he wanted? can the other person see if your doing something on their monitor?
this is a sql injection exploit it just adds an admin user
to the box if its running on widows then you can login through remote desktop and no i dont think they can see what your doing i think it lock's them out

well thats what i normally does with remote desktop

and actual its 4 clicks then "access granted" but i dont think
you will find any exploitable boxes they will all be patched

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: www.milw0rm.com--Rooting SQL Server via SQL Injection??

Post by Lyecdevf »

seneye wrote:Is it showing how to get into someone else computers if they have a website?
I guess if they are running there own web server and are not hosting it some where else. In that case if you can get root on the website you can continue escalating your privelages until you get admin or root on the webserver. From there you could hack into other computer on the network. You would have to deal with hardware firewalls, software firewalls, IDS,...and so on.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the default setting for MySQL servers is to bind to localhost (127.0.0.1), so you can't connect to it from the outside anyway (port 3306 shows up as open, but there is no use for a potential attacker because MySQL only accepts connections from 127.0.0.1).
so the opportunities to "root" a MySQL server should be really rare and only possible because of catastrophic misconfiguration. if the server admin is halfway skilled he will also take actions to block sql injection attempts... :wink: