paypal question

...let us know what you think, free speech!
mrmike
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

paypal question

Post by mrmike »

okay i have a question guys.
whe nsomeone logs into my paypal and send all his money to his account how can i bust him, what can i do to him ? how can i found him? how can i burn his ass? how can i do laywer steps? what is when he say that it was a legal deal with me? is there a chance? please reply fast!

ps; no that doesnt happens with my account :wink:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well you should be able to check transfer history for it, and if it happens you can contact PayPal and they will most likely help you.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

neo130 wrote:Well you should be able to check transfer history for it, and if it happens you can contact PayPal and they will most likely help you.
yeah but what is when the scammer/hacker/kiddy have about 4 fake accs and send it from account to account until he send it to the fifth and then send it to his bank? i dont think paypal will give all the informations out to bust the scammer...? are im wrong?

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

ask them to give u the IP that is used to log in on your account, from there on out get a lawyer to sue him/her for fraude and claim some nice pocket money :).
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, it's generally a bad idea to leave money on a Paypal account, I always transfer everything to my bank account immediately.
but well, let's say somebody transfered money from your compromised Paypal account...first thing to do is to inform paypal, next step is hiring a lawyer, because as private person you're not taken serious by companies and you have no chance to get any data. a lawyer is able to get the data from Paypal, so it should be pretty easy to reconstruct the way your money has taken: your account>attacker's account>attacker's bank account.
and even if he transfered the money through a couple of fake accounts it don't really matter because all data MUST be stored 6 months...all needed data is located on the Paypal servers and so it would only cause a little delay in locating the final transfer to a bank account.

BUT if the attacker is located in a foreign country it can become hard and expensive to sue him....sometimes even impossible. but well, the chance you at least get his address is pretty good, might influence the next holiday plans...don't forget the baseball bat... :lol:

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

bad_brain wrote:well, it's generally a bad idea to leave money on a Paypal account, I always transfer everything to my bank account immediately.
but well, let's say somebody transfered money from your compromised Paypal account...first thing to do is to inform paypal, next step is hiring a lawyer, because as private person you're not taken serious by companies and you have no chance to get any data. a lawyer is able to get the data from Paypal, so it should be pretty easy to reconstruct the way your money has taken: your account>attacker's account>attacker's bank account.
and even if he transfered the money through a couple of fake accounts it don't really matter because all data MUST be stored 6 months...all needed data is located on the Paypal servers and so it would only cause a little delay in locating the final transfer to a bank account.

BUT if the attacker is located in a foreign country it can become hard and expensive to sue him....sometimes even impossible. but well, the chance you at least get his address is pretty good, might influence the next holiday plans...don't forget the baseball bat... :lol:
hmm okay thank you very much all =)
i asked that question because one of my friend was that dumb to open a "msn password grabber" (nope he dont open it in vmware or scan it first) anyway, he get keylogged from that point and his account is reallyreally empty now xD