live up date problem.

Problems? Post here...
shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

live up date problem.

Post by shamir »

live up date problem, retard problem, help wanted, its seems my widows told me to run a live update, then when I run a live date it says problem, windows can not run livedate, not connected to the internet, but I'm connected this does not make sense, how can I run a livedate with this dam error. :roll:

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

check your firewall settings and enable it,i bet thats ur prob,otherwise you might be infected with a backdoor thats strangely only disabled updates but not killed av/firewalls etc,gd luck

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Either that, or go to the MS website (on ie) and do the online update there, though you have to install an activex control i believe...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

Go to controlls and turn off autoupdates and problem is fixed now windows wont tell you to update any more why update its a problem waiting to happen only the newest of pcs need it becaus they are crap and wont run without all kinds of new stuff other wise I have never had to up date pcs past feb of 06 or so :lol:
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

updates, they do a computer good

Post by DNR »

it is probably a firewall setting.
Updates can improve your computer, and patch security flaws. It is usually third party software that conflicts with updates, as they need updates too.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

Oppconsulting wrote: why update its a problem waiting to happen only the newest of pcs need it becaus they are crap and wont run without all kinds of new stuff other wise I have never had to up date pcs past feb of 06 or so :lol:

lolz you need them updates to
fix security holes you wouldn't
want someone hacking your box :lol:

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

Thats what firewalls cheep routers and monthly reloads when they do get past it be cause yes im not stupid they do get past most anything so hell I dont wast my time And windows updates yes it fixes things and yes allot of these new pcs wont run without running the newest of them but I have seen the worst from microsoft and the crashes fron there stupid updates that break instead of fixing so if I dont have to I never do
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon